FDNY EMS Candidates

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
We had to do a bunch of mountain climbers yesterday bcuz they couldn't tell if it was us or am bcuz we were there at the same time on Thursday they said they heard certain ppl didn't make way for staff. so plz be on top of your game and respect everyone

We had to do a bunch of mountain climbers in the AM class for the same thing.

For those who are waiting to get hired or going through the process, try to start running and staying in shape. You don't want to get caught out of shape at the last minute and now you're struggling in the academy. Just a little tip.

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member
For those waiting to get hired. City council will be holding a hearing on may 3rd about the fire dept taking over all 27 transcare units permanently. If we do get the funding, expect larger classes in the future.

Also I am happy to hear the academy is becoming more strict. There was no team mentality when I was in the academy and it carried over to the streets afterward.

Joseph taye

Forum Probie
I know this may sound noobish but anyone know when and where i can sign up for the test? I herd august i herd september and i herd april? Where do i do it and whats the process? Link or anything will help i apricate it thank you

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Meant to ask this the other day.... Tattoo policies for the academy, would someone be able to give me a brief run down of it?

I have a full length forearm tattoo of my son's name and I would hate myself if I had it removed through the whole laser process

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Meant to ask this the other day.... Tattoo policies for the academy, would someone be able to give me a brief run down of it?

I have a full length forearm tattoo of my son's name and I would hate myself if I had it removed through the whole laser process
Don't get anything removed bro, I have multiple tattoos, they don't care. Don't be pulling your sleeves up to show them off, you'll be fine. Haha

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
What does everyone recommend wearing to the intake interview?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Don't get anything removed bro, I have multiple tattoos, they don't care. Don't be pulling your sleeves up to show them off, you'll be fine. Haha

Thanks, and I wouldn't have my son's name removed ever... Given the circumstances on why I got it in the first place weren't all that great, it's the only tattoo I regret and am not ashamed to go into detail on why I got it

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Thanks, and I wouldn't have my son's name removed ever... Given the circumstances on why I got it in the first place weren't all that great, it's the only tattoo I regret and am not ashamed to go into detail on why I got it
Dude they're not gonna ask u to describe what they mean to u. It's not PD. You'll be fine. What's your list number, what test

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Oh aright cool, if they got to early 900s then you should be good, maybe get up to around to late 1200s, early 1300s

With the classes doubled again they probably will get as close to the end as possible. I haven't hidden any information at all. Actually called to make sure that some things were not an issue. Recent accident at work in which no property was damaged and I just had to file a report due to policy.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Ok I need some input. I'm working on my "resume section" in the packet, but I have noticed I have any more info than space they provide you with. What do you all suggest? Like I have taken 20-25 training classes over the last five years, I do have the certificates of completion.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
BTW I'm currently in the academy and for some reason it's longer then past academies our last day of class is July 19th when I calculated it should have been first week of July so idk how that's gonna go for July academy might be pushed till august

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
BTW I'm currently in the academy and for some reason it's longer then past academies our last day of class is July 19th when I calculated it should have been first week of July so idk how that's gonna go for July academy might be pushed till august
It's 11 weeks total, they say 10, but I just graduated and it was 11 weeks and few days total.