FDNY EMS Candidates

mlbfdny

Forum Crew Member
What we were told at the Physical test is that the first group of 6003 should expect to be in by July.
I had my physical today and they told us the same thing. She said depending on your number, they are expecting July for 6003. Im assuming thats the first 180/200 people. Im 250 so probably will be part of second group.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
When I went last year for my physical they told my group the same that the first 100 should be July and next couple hundred September, the first group wasn't called till January so I don't want to get anyone's hopes up!!

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
When I went last year for my physical they told my group the same that the first 100 should be July and next couple hundred September, the first group wasn't called till January so I don't want to get anyone's hopes up!!
and they had more academies last year Jan and February for emd and they didn't do that this year

mlbfdny

Forum Crew Member
and they had more academies last year Jan and February for emd and they didn't do that this year
Yeah that is what I am expecting as well. I don't see how its possible to get people in by July. Unless they beefed up their work force but I doubt it.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Yep they always over shoot it and tell u way earlier than u actually will be in. 6003 won't be touched until January. September the earliest. Anyone else receive any calls today?

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
I graduate wendesday from the academy. Good luck to everyone going in. Don't be a bum in the academy or you'll forever be known as a bum if your not fired before then. Work hard, it pays off..

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
They told my group, the group on the 19th of March, that our intake is projected for April 1st. If I haven't gotten any mail yet, is it probably not April 1st and a little later on? Or could the mail come Wednesday, 2 days before April 1st?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
They told my group, the group on the 19th of March, that our intake is projected for April 1st. If I haven't gotten any mail yet, is it probably not April 1st and a little later on? Or could the mail come Wednesday, 2 days before April 1st?
That happened to me, call tomorrow and just make sure u weren't left out. But sit tight they might have pushed it back

Conditionsboss

Forum Crew Member
I had to come in for 8 and I was out by 12 but I had to come back a second time. Rarely does someone have everything and not have to come back, usually you'll be asked to come back a second time depending on how many documents you're missing.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
I had to come in for 8 and I was out by 12 but I had to come back a second time. Rarely does someone have everything and not have to come back, usually you'll be asked to come back a second time depending on how many documents you're missing.
As in come back later in the day or like the next day, for example.

tia89

Forum Crew Member
Congrats if u don't mind me asking how can you be turned down for corrections?
Not really disqualified but not selected because my daughter father is a felon but that didnt stop it it only put u under investigation but when they have so many of those cases sometimes they do a 3in1 which means out of the final 3 they only pick one

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
As in come back later in the day or like the next day, for example.
The important thing is bringing originals and just bringing your typical docs, plus what they listed. I had gone with way too much but on the other hand I didn't have to go back. I still had missing documents but they were faxed or mailed to metrotech to finish it up, and I just kept in touch with my investigator via email to make sure all the documents were received.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
The important thing is bringing originals and just bringing your typical docs, plus what they listed. I had gone with way too much but on the other hand I didn't have to go back. I still had missing documents but they were faxed or mailed to metrotech to finish it up, and I just kept in touch with my investigator via email to make sure all the documents were received.
Question for you. The last thing required is your documentation to establish identity and work. It says to choose one from Column A or one from Column B and Column C from the attacked list of acceptable documents. Problem is, there's no "attached list of acceptable documents" in my packet. And I looked everywhere.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Not really disqualified but not selected because my daughter father is a felon but that didnt stop it it only put u under investigation but when they have so many of those cases sometimes they do a 3in1 which means out of the final 3 they only pick one
Wow that sucks I'm sorry

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Question for you. The last thing required is your documentation to establish identity and work. It says to choose one from Column A or one from Column B and Column C from the attacked list of acceptable documents. Problem is, there's no "attached list of acceptable documents" in my packet. And I looked everywhere.
birth certicate, social security card and proof of address "utility bills, bank statements or credit card statements"