FDNY EMS Candidates

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
yea great tips/info man, how are the instructors on teaching the ems material from your experience? I heard they are tough because they want you to pass
If your in tour 3, I can tell you the instructors are great. They do everything in their power to help you. They make it easy for you to pass. Honestly anyone who is nervous about it should relax. If I made it anyone can. I literally came into the academy knowing nothing cause I never did ems and didn't look at my book or notes once since I took the state almost 3 years ago. If you guys care enough about getting on to be on a forum, you will absolutely be fine. Just have fun.

Heyfdny

Forum Probie
If your in tour 3, I can tell you the instructors are great. They do everything in their power to help you. They make it easy for you to pass. Honestly anyone who is nervous about it should relax. If I made it anyone can. I literally came into the academy knowing nothing cause I never did ems and didn't look at my book or notes once since I took the state almost 3 years ago. If you guys care enough about getting on to be on a forum, you will absolutely be fine. Just have fun.
is 330pm-11pm tour 3? but that's a relief to hear because fdny ems is my career goal and i just want to do good in the academy. I was a bit stress about it though but thanks again for the awesome info bro

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Coming on here while already having passed and are already on the streets. Idk about the other guys on here but you've somewhat put my mind at ease bro. Need more guys like u that answer questions without a wiseass snarky remark. Good luck to u in your career , and I'm sure I'll have more questions for you in the coming days lol

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Sadly I'll be taking the a.m class lol

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
Coming on here while already having passed and are already on the streets. Idk about the other guys on here but you've somewhat put my mind at ease bro. Need more guys like u that answer questions without a wiseass snarky remark. Good luck to u in your career , and I'm sure I'll have more questions for you in the coming days lol
I don't know why people are snarky on here. It's stupid. We all have goals and are trying to get there. I'll be honest, I want to go to fire. So at the hiring if you hear anything at the promotional post it please. At my hiring they said as long as your sworn in you can take it. Even if your in the academy. I just want to make sure that information is still accurate.

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
Fdhopeful33, if it makes you feel better I can tell you that AM didn't have anyone fail the state but PM had 2. I don't know any of the am instructors but obviously they are good if no one failed the state. You'll be fine bro. As I said before just have fun.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Fdhopeful33, if it makes you feel better I can tell you that AM didn't have anyone fail the state but PM had 2. I don't know any of the am instructors but obviously they are good if no one failed the state. You'll be fine bro. As I said before just have fun.
Same as u referring to promoting to fire, no reason not to. I will definitely fill u in on what is said and asked pertaining to the promotional bro

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Anyone know what number they stopped at?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Couldn't really understand the machine. But it said that the last number called was 84 which I know isn't true. Does anyone know when they update that with the new numbers ?

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
Hey fd hopeful I know this is random, but what day did your graduation fall on? Only because my girlfriend needs to request off a few months ahead of time and asked me if I knew the day

Bluestripe

Forum Crew Member
Now the big question is , when and how to we get the windshield plaques for our cars ... Let's just say , myself and NYPD traffic enforcement don't get along lol

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
To the guys already on the job. With regards to vacation time, I know when your on You pick at the beginning of the year right? How do we pick ourswhen we graduate? When were assigneda station? Or is it done some other way? Let me know.

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
To the guys already on the job. With regards to vacation time, I know when your on You pick at the beginning of the year right? How do we pick ourswhen we graduate? When were assigneda station? Or is it done some other way? Let me know.
Not sure cause I haven't picked mine yet. I'm assuming you will do it when you get to your station

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
Hey fd hopeful I know this is random, but what day did your graduation fall on? Only because my girlfriend needs to request off a few months ahead of time and asked me if I knew the day
They didn't tell us our graduation day till about 2 weeks before they day, which actually really made me angry cause I had people that needed to take off also.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
They didn't tell us our graduation day till about 2 weeks before they day, which actually really made me angry cause I had people that needed to take off also.
Do u have a set shift, same hours everyday pretty much? And I heard until I get off "internship" you can't work overnights..this true? Thanks