FDNY EMS Candidates

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone know of any 911 members in NYC that are hiring 18 years old? I really don't wanna do transport ems...

Most 911s you need to have experience or unpaid intern for them. It's hard to just get hired. I never did transport but I did 6 months of internship almost 500 hrs on the bus as a third for free. Greatest experience I could have gotten and I got hired per diem afterwards. If your not looking for transport you may want to wait for this job to call.

Heyfdny

Forum Probie
hey for those who the email because they worked with the city before, do you know what's our user id? it don't say in the email.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
you only get the email if you had some job with the city before doe like a college or something
Oh aright, but I remember when the woman called to offer employment, she said we'd get emails, asked for my email address and all that. Guess it's no big thing

tia89

Forum Crew Member
Thanks. But I'm more curious about how long you need on ems before you can take the test
FOR FIRE LAST TEST THEY HAD TO WAIT 2 YEARS FOR PROMOTIONAL. MY INVESTIGATOR TOLD ME EVEN IF U TAKE IT EARLY THEY WILL HOLD IT TO U HIT UR SECOND YEAR AND THEY WOULD STILL ULL U IN.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
FOR FIRE LAST TEST THEY HAD TO WAIT 2 YEARS FOR PROMOTIONAL. MY INVESTIGATOR TOLD ME EVEN IF U TAKE IT EARLY THEY WILL HOLD IT TO U HIT UR SECOND YEAR AND THEY WOULD STILL ULL U IN.
Dudes going in Jan class will be good for the June 2018 class

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
What's going on? Haven't heard anything about calls. Sent from both classes still being open to nobody getting offered. ...

Herroo50

Forum Crew Member
Just a heads up to everyone getting fitted this week. I was told they give ALOT of stuff so
be prepared to carry a lot. From what I was told all duty uniforms (golf shirts, pants, button down & sweaters), turnouts, boots, class As and PT gear and a few other things I don't remember will be issued

EMS402

Forum Probie
Hey hat BMI do they want you under? Im going to the medical at the end of the month and im 5"5 180 pounds. If your to heavy do u have a chance to lose it?

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
Lots of stuff stays at quartermaster so they can put your name on it. So when you get home and realize you don't have any polos, no sweatshirt, and only one long sleeve don't worry. They give you only one long sleeve so you can wear it on rotations. The rest stays at totten till you pass the state.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Lots of stuff stays at quartermaster so they can put your name on it. So when you get home and realize you don't have any polos, no sweatshirt, and only one long sleeve don't worry. They give you only one long sleeve so you can wear it on rotations. The rest stays at totten till you pass the state.
Are you an fdny emt? Why do they keep some stuff at fort totten

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Hey hat BMI do they want you under? Im going to the medical at the end of the month and im 5"5 180 pounds. If your to heavy do u have a chance to lose it?

Yea, you have 30 days to lose the weight and then you have to go reweigh. If you don't make it then, you can appeal for more time to lose it.