FDNY EMS Candidates

kmack88

Forum Probie
Hello everyone. Regarding Monday the fourth we go for ids, but I haven't received my employment letter in the mail with what we need for that day. If someone has a moment would they update me on what I need to bring for that day? Something about original documents? Thank you

Your offer letter, drivers license, EMT card. If your license doesn't have your picture on it you need to bring another form of picture identification. You also need to bring a document that will establish both identity & employment authorization (a U.S. passport). If you don't have a passport let me know & I'll send you the list.

kmack88

Forum Probie
Thanks k mack. I have all those documents except my offer letter! I was expecting it to come today

No problem. What time are you supposed to be there on Monday? You could always call CID before you go & see what they say

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Do we get our IDs when we go to metro tech for the pictures ?
Idk, maybe they just give them to us when we swear in, or day 1 at the academy on the 12th. I doubt they're gonna have them all made up and everything for us monday dude. But who knows, what time u there Monday. I'll be in at 8am

Bluestripe

Forum Crew Member
Idk, maybe they just give them to us when we swear in, or day 1 at the academy on the 12th. I doubt they're gonna have them all made up and everything for us monday dude. But who knows, what time u there Monday. I'll be in at 8am
I'm Tuesday at 11 I pick the latest time for everything lol getting as much sleep as possible before I start tour 2s

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
When we get on the streets we are either A B or C platoon which decides what our days off are, you can google FDNY EMS platoon calendar
Yeah I saw that schedule, just didn't know that we are called D platoon when in the academy. Thanks. See some of u guys tomorrow

tia89

Forum Crew Member
good luck to everyone thats going in for the 12th i wish the best for all of you and study hard put ya best foot forward. #ems

Buffjockey

Forum Ride Along
New to this forum, just have a basic question. I just applied during the filing period September 2015. Just wondering when I would receive my list number in the mail and how long I would have to wait to get called up for my physical. I probably received a 70 or 75 on the test depending if they take an associates degree into consideration for 5 points. Thanks in advance.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
New to this forum, just have a basic question. I just applied during the filing period September 2015. Just wondering when I would receive my list number in the mail and how long I would have to wait to get called up for my physical. I probably received a 70 or 75 on the test depending if they take an associates degree into consideration for 5 points. Thanks in advance.

Usually around March/April. All depends on your list number as far as the call for the physical.

Bluestripe

Forum Crew Member
I filled out the application thinking I was only going to get an 80 based on their grading, work experience adds up though, ended up with a 98