FDNY EMS Candidates

Herroo50

Forum Crew Member
I'm sure it's in the letter but I just wanna double check. What did they say to you to wear when we get IDs and uniforms? Business casual? I remember we have to wear long sleeved uniform shirt with hat the 11th for the swearing in

Woodenspoon

Forum Probie
Hey fd and Hero did your current job recently get a letter while you were on final review? My current job got a letter last week which was confusing

My employer got a letter months ago and I never knew about it. He just sent it back. Employer getting letter doesn't mean you're on final review.

My job received a letter over a month ago, don't know if they sent anything recently but I know for a fact they sent one back in October or November. Once the employer gets that letter it usually means you're in the next class

My employers got it over the summer. So i dont think it means youre in the next class.

I'm in the January PM EMT Class as well. I'm not sure if my employer received this letter. They probably did, But any Idea what the letter may of said or requested?

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
Yea I'm 300's also. I was thinking the same thing as you, but maybe this week we should get a call. From what others were saying it seems that the classes aren't full yet

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

Yea I'm 300's also. I was thinking the same thing as you, but maybe this week we should get a call. From what others were saying it seems that the classes aren't full yet

Good Luck to you both. Hope both of you get the calls. Congrats on those who did. Lets hope they keep the ball rolling.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone else call DCAS? I just did and now I'm not on an outstanding certification. I still have no idea what this means, but would like to know if anyone who did or didn't get called also on this.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Anyone else call DCAS? I just did and now I'm not on an outstanding certification. I still have no idea what this means, but would like to know if anyone who did or didn't get called also on this.
That is not good...currently on an outstanding certification is usually what people get switched to about a week or two before calls go out, if your list number is in range. I was not outstanding for months and was switched to outstanding about a week and a half ago..what's your list number

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
That is not good...currently on an outstanding certification is usually what people get switched to about a week or two before calls go out, if your list number is in range. I was not outstanding for months and was switched to outstanding about a week and a half ago..what's your list number

I was outstanding last week, and now just checking it I'm not. 8x on the medic (5004) list.