FDNY EMS Candidates

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
My list # is 130 on test 5003 for ems and haven't recieved a call yet. My investigator said i'm all good to go and should be getting a call. I'm also #3472 on the firefighter list also and was told I should be in probie school in June i'm hoping they don't skip ove rme because of the firefighter process.

Not that my anxiety isn't through the roof over it, but I'm 82 on the medic list (5004) and didn't make the last class because of a screw up in CID. Was told I'd be in for this also and haven't gotten a call either. Hoping something didn't get screwed up again.

Conditionsboss

Forum Crew Member
You guys think today is the last day for calls? If not when do you think if you haven't heard anything, you're not in this class?

Conditionsboss

Forum Crew Member
My list # is 130 on test 5003 for ems and haven't recieved a call yet. My investigator said i'm all good to go and should be getting a call. I'm also #3472 on the firefighter list also and was told I should be in probie school in June i'm hoping they don't skip ove rme because of the firefighter process.
Wouldn't you rather be a ff though?

Pat

Forum Ride Along
Wouldn't you more want to be a ff anyway?
Yes obviously lol but why not go through EMS training then go right into probie school. Plus i'm working as an emt in westchester now but fdny ems would be a better job then where I am now. I also wouldn't mind learning the fdny system for a few months before hitting firefighter academy

Pat

Forum Ride Along
I don't think todays the last day for calls I know guys who have been called a few days before academy starts for EMS

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Let us know on here if you get calls and what class u take am or pm. Waiting for this letter in the mail. Mid week probably

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
Do you think it's safe to call my investigator mid week to see where I stand on being called? I also don't want to annoy them

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Do you think it's safe to call my investigator mid week to see where I stand on being called? I also don't want to annoy them
I would be careful calling your investigator too much... they dont want to be annoyed. If your number gets reached, you should be called. Just my advice

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Also, for everyone who got the call. Will the letter that we receive in the mail have all the information we need and the chosen dates/times for uniform fitting and ID stuff?

Herroo50

Forum Crew Member
Also, for everyone who got the call. Will the letter that we receive in the mail have all the information we need and the chosen dates/times for uniform fitting and ID stuff?

I believe it has the dates and times we picked. One of my friends actually got a call today telling him that they accidentally over booked the fittings at the QM for the early morning and he had to come in later in the day. So I guess they're still sorting that out

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
I believe it has the dates and times we picked. One of my friends actually got a call today telling him that they accidentally over booked the fittings at the QM for the early morning and he had to come in later in the day. So I guess they're still sorting that out
Oh ok... Cant wait! I go in for ID's Jan 4

Herroo50

Forum Crew Member
Is it January 4th? Nice. I don't remember the dates. I got a call this morning as well telling me they overbooked the 7th at Fort totten. Took the 8th instead.

I'll be at metro tech the 4th in the am and the QM the 7th in the am as well. Maybe I'll see you guys there then