FDNY EMS Candidates

Herroo50

Forum Crew Member
Nice, good luck brotha. Hopefully they start calling on Monday. Someone was 28X and he had the options for AM / PM class, so just maybe you`ll get the call

Yeah, that was me. If they went through 280+ list numbers to get a class of 120 then I'm sure the next class will go through just as many. But they still might be calling people Monday so just keep your head up. I know one of the top guys at the academy and he said that they're putting 3 classes in 2016. So by this time next year I can deff see them up to or past 900

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Wow I just want them to get started on 6003 :( ah man I hate waiting for long periods of time...I hope my list number on 6003 is good so I can get called early or something when they start 6003... By the way, what is the first number on 5003 that has a score of 70?

EMS402

Forum Probie
Yeah, that was me. If they went through 280+ list numbers to get a class of 120 then I'm sure the next class will go through just as many. But they still might be calling people Monday so just keep your head up. I know one of the top guys at the academy and he said that they're putting 3 classes in 2016. So by this time next year I can deff see them up to or past 900
Why only 3? They usally do jan/april/june/September.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Anyone knows what happens when you defer? Does this mean they`ll call the people who deferred before they keep going?

tia89

Forum Crew Member
When i was in my medical they told my group we would be in the next class which is this one coming.

Herroo50

Forum Crew Member
When i was in my medical they told my group we would be in the next class which is this one coming.

I'm not too sure about that, when was your medical and what's your list #? When I took my medical back in May they told me I'd be in the September class, which wasn't true.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Ah I wouldn't go by that. I was told at medical in June that my group and I would be in september, hurry up and wait is the name of the game. Get your stuff in on time and you'll be good. If they get to mid 300s I'd be surprised. But with 2 weeks left it's definitely possible especially with HERROO in the 280s still had the option of am pm classes

tia89

Forum Crew Member
Im not too sure the exact time but i started my process maybe june or july and my investigator said we wouldnt make the September class but we would make the next one. Thenwe was at our medical maybe october i wanna say. And they told us we would be in the upcoming class congrats

tia89

Forum Crew Member
Ah I wouldn't go by that. I was told at medical in June that my group and I would be in september, hurry up and wait is the name of the game. Get your stuff in on time and you'll be good. If they get to mid 300s I'd be surprised. But with 2 weeks left it's definitely possible especially with HERROO in the 280s still had the option of am pm classes
Yea thats how all these city jobs process is. The city sucks at this. Im having the same situation with nyc department of corrections. Nothings accurate and they will let ya dreams down fast

Herroo50

Forum Crew Member
Im not too sure the exact time but i started my process maybe june or july and my investigator said we wouldnt make the September class but we would make the next one. Thenwe was at our medical maybe october i wanna say. And they told us we would be in the upcoming class congrats

Just keep your head up. If you don't make this class then you're deff in for the next one, if you took your medical around October then you're not far away. Every city job process is long and a annoying waiting game. Good luck with corrections, the pay is deff better than EMS

tia89

Forum Crew Member
Just keep your head up. If you don't make this class then you're deff in for the next one, if you took your medical around October then you're not far away. Every city job process is long and a annoying waiting game. Good luck with corrections, the pay is deff better than EMS
Thank you i really appreciate it. I been down a long road with them. So im on option B right now tryna get it together. Good luck to you on everything as well hun

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain

Ah idk about that dude. At my medical in June we were told septembwr..hurry up and wait is the name of the game..April class for u guys most likely.

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
Hey fd and Hero did your current job recently get a letter while you were on final review? My current job got a letter last week which was confusing

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Hey fd and Hero did your current job recently get a letter while you were on final review? My current job got a letter last week which was confusing
My employer got a letter months ago and I never knew about it. He just sent it back. Employer getting letter doesn't mean you're on final review.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Wow I just want them to get started on 6003 :( ah man I hate waiting for long periods of time...I hope my list number on 6003 is good so I can get called early or something when they start 6003... By the way, what is the first number on 5003 that has a score of 70?
Sit tight its gonna be a while. AT LEAST a year man

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Thank you i really appreciate it. I been down a long road with them. So im on option B right now tryna get it together. Good luck to you on everything as well hun

Hey just an FYI with corrections. My buddy works there and unless you want to work 80 hrs a week and get stuck there and never know if you can leave don't take it. It's kinda screwed I got called for it but passed after I heard the nightmares from a few people. Is good money but no quality of life.

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Hey anyone take the pm class seems like I'm the only one at this point? My buddy did as well but he's not on here.

Herroo50

Forum Crew Member

My job received a letter over a month ago, don't know if they sent anything recently but I know for a fact they sent one back in October or November. Once the employer gets that letter it usually means you're in the next class