FDNY EMS Candidates

Jcarl

Forum Crew Member
Hey I'm also outstanding I have not received any paper work saying I was dq for my weight and how to Appel it. I had my Re weigh in in September.

Is outstanding good? Or bad

Tvel207

Forum Probie
Hey I'm also outstanding I have not received any paper work saying I was dq for my weight and how to Appel it. I had my Re weigh in in September.

Just called DCAS as well I am on an outstanding certification, while I was listening it also said that the last person appointed was number 84. Not sure if they means that they made it to number 84 actually but that's the way it sounds. Hoping for calls soon!!!'

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Just called DCAS as well I am on an outstanding certification, while I was listening it also said that the last person appointed was number 84. Not sure if they means that they made it to number 84 actually but that's the way it sounds. Hoping for calls soon!!!'
that 85 or whatever it is is a mistake on DCAS part, a guy on here called because he was under 84 and said it was a mistake, but calls should start Monday next week. fingers crossed

Teej92

Forum Crew Member

Hey Jcarl I'm in the same boat as you right now. Went for my reweigh in early November still didn't get that letter to appeal. I called my investigator today and didn't get much. She said they still didn't mail out the appeal letters and within the next few weeks they are going to send them. She said early Jan.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
So once you re-weigh, you have to wait for a confirmation letter or something? So you guys are not eligible for the next class until you get that letter?

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
So once you re-weigh, you have to wait for a confirmation letter or something? So you guys are not eligible for the next class until you get that letter?

I think those guys didn't make the weight after their initial re-weigh. I did, and the doc told me they would take care of notifying CID. I ended up letting my investigator know that day because I had to see her anyway after I did the re-weigh.

So it seems as if that "outstanding certification" thing means pretty much nothing. I think the only guarantee here this week is you won't get a phone call on Friday.

Jcarl

Forum Crew Member
They dq you it's like a extension to drop the weight. They gave me a month to lose 60lbs lol when I went back I lost 14 then they dq you Appel it get another weigh in and get in

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
They dq you it's like a extension to drop the weight. They gave me a month to lose 60lbs lol when I went back I lost 14 then they dq you Appel it get another weigh in and get in
Did you drop all the weight? I got 10 pounds to go

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Hey Jcarl I'm in the same boat as you right now. Went for my reweigh in early November still didn't get that letter to appeal. I called my investigator today and didn't get much. She said they still didn't mail out the appeal letters and within the next few weeks they are going to send them. She said early Jan.
so investigator gonna send u an appeal letter ear,ly january? so that means youre probaby not looking at the jan 11 academy, if you still have to go weigh in again. hopefully thats not the case for u guys

Jcarl

Forum Crew Member
so investigator gonna send u an appeal letter ear,ly january? so that means youre probaby not looking at the jan 11 academy, if you still have to go weigh in again. hopefully thats not the case for u guys
Yeah I was thinking spring I know I don't have to appeal right away they said just try to do it before my physical is up

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Hi I have a question does anyone know how long it takes generally to be called by fdny for emt basic? I just applied for exam 6003 this September...I'm hearing reports of up to 1 - 2.5 years even... I think they might still early on the 5003 list still... and I am definitely NOT waiting that long. I'm thinking about taking my als somewhere and just apply as a medic in the next application period because apparently medics get hired faster because of more demand..? Pls help

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Hi I have a question does anyone know how long it takes generally to be called by fdny for emt basic? I just applied for exam 6003 this September...I'm hearing reports of up to 1 - 2.5 years even... I think they might still early on the 5003 list still... and I am definitely NOT waiting that long. I'm thinking about taking my als somewhere and just apply as a medic in the next application period because apparently medics get hired faster because of more demand..? Pls help
You heard right. At least 1 year and if you don't want to wait that long then go somewhere else.