FDNY EMS Candidates

Bluestripe

Forum Crew Member
Question - what do you take home bi weekly in the academy and then after the academy

MForest

Forum Crew Member
Exam#5003
List# high 500's

I received my letter for my medical exam yesterday but I had to reschedule it becasue it was scheduled on a day that I work and I'm unable to take off with that little of notice. When I emailed CID asking to reschedule it and told them the days I work but I'm not sure if they'll take note of that when rescheduling me. Has anyone been able to reschedule their medical exam more than once?

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Find a way...rescheduling is messy...for them there's not much incentive to cater to ur schedule

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
I know I can't be the only one, but has anyone just straight up not have an investigator contact them back? I'm not hounding this woman, but a phone message and email about a week apart, and now 4 days later completely unanswered.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
When do we find out about our psych results?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
What are the upcoming academies that are confirmed? Obviously 1 in sept. but people have been saying december? What are the upcoming ones?

DannyDare

Forum Ride Along
Hey, I'm in the 50's on 5003. I got a call from an investigator today asking if there have been any recent changes in employment or any recent arrests. Did anyone else get this call?

andres R

Forum Probie
Hey, I'm in the 50's on 5003. I got a call from an investigator today asking if there have been any recent changes in employment or any recent arrests. Did anyone else get this call?

He wants to make sure you can make it to this class! Sometimes people DQ at the last minute! Just have your phone ready to answer

andres R

Forum Probie
What are the upcoming academies that are confirmed? Obviously 1 in sept. but people have been saying december? What are the upcoming ones?
Definitely not in December! Maybe January or February. Too many classes going on right now ( TOP,PTOP,MUPS) But stay away of trouble ( Speeding tickets,getting fired , arrest)

andres R

Forum Probie
For those who are starting the academy next week . Keep your mouth SHUT! Learn to listen and follow commands, Shave & follow the Uniform polices. Don't be late and don't called out sick! Remember.. 3 strikes and you are out! They don't care ! And MAKE WAY ! Good luck!

andres R

Forum Probie
I know I can't be the only one, but has anyone just straight up not have an investigator contact them back? I'm not hounding this woman, but a phone message and email about a week apart, and now 4 days later completely unanswered.

Remember you are not the only one who is getting investigated! Your investigator may have up to 10 people. And they do FF,EMT,Paramedic & fire inspectors. Make sure you have all the paperwork ready. Good luck

andres R

Forum Probie
Question - what do you take home bi weekly in the academy and then after the academy
You will be making more money at the academy! ( about 1000- depending on your tax status) once you are out of the academy. you are going to be broke! ( pension,union dues,tax). And you are getting paid biweekly

ndtyank49

Forum Probie
Hey guys i'm a 5003 guy list number 69x. Figured i'd join up now. I had my physical back in June but haven't heard anything for my intake yet, am I being paranoid or should I just sit back and keep waiting?

ems101

Forum Crew Member
I'll be seeing you new guys the last couple of days of our academy be prepared for a lot of stress! It's a great academy tho, you'll have a lot of fun! Good luck and keep your head in the books!