FDNY EMS Candidates

naps89

Forum Crew Member
The academy bridging the September and February classes is for people who were previously assigned to EMD who now have to do the TOP class, from what i was told today

adamNYC

Forum Lieutenant
Where do I get the hazmat certification?

emtjw32

Forum Probie
Any information on when an upcoming 24 hour HazMat Operations course (29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(ii)) will be offered in the NJ/NY/PA area? I am trying to earn the certification hours before Sept 22, any information is appreciated.

Forum Ride Along
Sorry that was rude of me to just jump in. Hey guys I'm new on this forum, but have been following it for a little while now. I figured we needed some more 5003 guys to keep it going. I'm on the 5003 test and i'm in the 80's on the list.I'll obviously let everyone know when and if i hear anything for this class or the next.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Sorry that was rude of me to just jump in. Hey guys I'm new on this forum, but have been following it for a little while now. I figured we needed some more 5003 guys to keep it going. I'm on the 5003 test and i'm in the 80's on the list.I'll obviously let everyone know when and if i hear anything for this class or the next.
Good to have another 5003 guy that's a little ahead of me. Keep us update bro. Welcome haha

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah I'm 18* on the list so doubtful they get that high in September but feb seems like a lock

Forum Ride Along
I just heard from a friend of mine that has a good friend who works in metro tech that i wont be getting in till February. So i guess they stopped calling, or they're gonna stop sometime soon. BUT who knows exactly. So good luck to everyone ahead! hope the best!

adamNYC

Forum Lieutenant
Yes I need the hazmat class as well.

On another note LMC is requiring "hazmat awareness certificate" is this the same thing or different?

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-9_23-52-25.png
    upload_2015-9-9_23-52-25.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 236

nacholibre27

Forum Probie
hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I'm on 5003 with the whole process completed. list # in the 160's. I'm trying to stay out of trouble in every way but I had a brain fart at work and was caught on my phone while driving the ambulance which I don't do. I just got a write up and my supervisor said not to let it happen again. is this something that my investigator has to be informed of?

Hunter118

Forum Captain
hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I'm on 5003 with the whole process completed. list # in the 160's. I'm trying to stay out of trouble in every way but I had a brain fart at work and was caught on my phone while driving the ambulance which I don't do. I just got a write up and my supervisor said not to let it happen again. is this something that my investigator has to be informed of?
No it's not only thing that u have to tell them about are tickets , MVA's , Arrests , change in address , change in job ect , stay out of trouble u are under their microscope now