FDNY EMS Candidates

MarissaAnn

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone on exam 4004 know where the list number is at. ? And if there will def be two academies in April ? If so will it be all Ems or emd or a mix of both
When I spoke to my investigator the other day he told me they ended in the early 700's

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Who did you talk to? Sorry to say but with your list # that is near impossible
Let's just say a very reliable source...I'm not gonna say who it is but it's someone who works for fdny ems (doing the hirings, investigations, etc.).

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Talked to someone and they said that I should be called in may and start the academy in sept.
hey brotha, congrats on the list number, theres 1400 eligible on this list, buddy of mine who is 700, and one who is 1100, said their investigators both told them theyll be in april academy. so how are they gonna get all these people in the july and september/october class? lol i hope so dude. but idk. I know they are moving very very quickly

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
theres 1400 eligible on 4004** so they gotta get through 700 names before the july class, im in the mid 100s, so that means im gonna be in JULY class? idk about it dude.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Possibly. They are calling A LOT of people just because they need dispatchers and techs. Each class of 120 that gets called, approximately 200 people gets contacted, because some people dont want the job and some people may not be qualified. Also, now that something was passed for more techs to get hired, i can only imagine how fast this list can go.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I have no idea. Isn't there a day and night class per academy class? 60 day 60 night?

Rescuelou123

Forum Crew Member
Good morning everyone. Hey listen how many times can you postpone the agility test for EMS before you have to start all over again.
if anyone can learn me with this info. i will be much appreciated.

Reyna

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone I'm new here. I got my list number last week 7XX for exam 5003. Been reading all of this for a while, finally made an account.

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Have a question for the guys on the previous list. Do you guys have a list of all documentation needed for the investigation? I want to get a head start and get everything together so the process goes smoothly. I appreciate the help. Thanks

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Get everything from passports, to SS cards, hs diploma, W2, speeding tickets et . Everything

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Its a job that requires you to be a certain age, therefore Birth Certificate is like the first thing on the list. Especially for proving your identity.

When it comes to the actual list, it can be tedious, but I would advise getting to the physical and passing that first. Don't think ahead to phases that you haven't reached yet. You will have enough time between the Physical and Investigation to come up with what you need. And even then you can be granted more time.

My advice for those on the new list would be to work on fitness. It'll help for the physical, medical(weight), and the PT in the academy.