FDNY EMS Candidates

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
Something just occurred to me, did anyone else who was skipped over ask their investigator to hold off on sending your current job any employment verification info till it got closer to the academy date? They were asking if anyone wanted them to when I was there, and I asked if they could for me...maybe they really wait till the last minute and thats why some people get called a few days before hand...food for thought

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Something just occurred to me, did anyone else who was skipped over ask their investigator to hold off on sending your current job any employment verification info till it got closer to the academy date? They were asking if anyone wanted them to when I was there, and I asked if they could for me...maybe they really wait till the last minute and thats why some people get called a few days before hand...food for thought
I didn't do that but I'm starting to think they're just moving slow. It is 100% illegal to be skipped without reasoning

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
I didn't do that but I'm starting to think they're just moving slow. It is 100% illegal to be skipped without reasoning

Yeah but they can 3in1 you and not tell you for a while, ask me how I know haha

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Could be any amount of reasons they can't just skip you, could be a different investigator that has your file that is making calls or ur missing something or didn't disclose something etc etc I'm sure ur fine and a different investigator has your file they called numbers higher then mine when I went thru and I got my call a few days later

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Look it up 1 in 3 rule. For every 3 candidates they can deny 1
They can deny you from a class due to the 1 in 3 rule but they can't DQ you. You can only be disqualified if you failed something, failed to disclose something or lied. That's illegal.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
They can deny you from a class due to the 1 in 3 rule but they can't DQ you. You can only be disqualified if you failed something, failed to disclose something or lied. That's illegal.
Also, the 1:3 ratio applies to the top 3 scores, not the top 3 scorers eligible to be hired as in they passed the investigation process. That's why people say for "every 3 candidates, 1 gets the job" meaning the other two failed something, not that they were able to pick and choose. The city would be rattled with law suits if that's the case.

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
Also, the 1:3 ratio applies to the top 3 scores, not the top 3 scorers eligible to be hired as in they passed the investigation process. That's why people say for "every 3 candidates, 1 gets the job" meaning the other two failed something, not that they were able to pick and choose. The city would be rattled with law suits if that's the case.
interesting. I guess we'll see soon. I would just like to hear something lol