FDNY EMS Candidates

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
So tour 2 is doing well isn't it?

Oh yeah it's doing aces, but today we had the one that thinks he's still in high school act up with water.
and had to do Sun gods thanks to his water games.
But all good besides that.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Hi everyone !
Just want to give everyone waiting for the next class of Oct 31, 2016 on test 5003 {and 6003 if called}
a heads up and for your sake as your groups.
Listen and respect your instructors, remember they are teaching you how it is done in the FDNY,
not how you did it working in the privates or where ever you worked,
So respect and not being a smart *** is key...DON'T BE THAT GUY.
Also I know the academy can be a little stressed, but acting like High Schooler's and throwing water in the bathroom while there is an instructor in the stall and then everyone { all 89 probies punished because you couldn't even man up for your antics}...DON'T BE THAT GUY.
Being a part of your team is essential and in the end we are family in the FDNY.
you get quizzed every day so study, brush up on calisthenics, running etc.
if you go in with a failing attitude, then you will.
Clear mind and I want this attitude is key, good luck guys/gals
Oct 31 will be here before you know it.
Thank you for the Heads up ! Appreciate it , do you happen to know around which number did they stop around on the LIST numbers BY any chance ?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Thank you for the Heads up ! Appreciate it , do you happen to know around which number did they stop around on the LIST numbers BY any chance ?

No sorry that I don't know buddy, but they are saying they left off in the early 1400s and some of the people in the academy now were returns from past classes, They either deferred or failed and came to give it a second shot, They said that usually happens at times.
But stay frosty Oct 31 will be here before you know it.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
No sorry that I don't know buddy, but they are saying they left off in the early 1400s and some of the people in the academy now were returns from past classes, They either deferred or failed and came to give it a second shot, They said that usually happens at times.
But stay frosty Oct 31 will be here before you know it.
Thanks man ! This may seem like a dumb question Lol But What does it mean if someone deferred ?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Oh yeah it's doing aces, but today we had the one that thinks he's still in high school act up with water.
and had to do Sun gods thanks to his water games.
But all good besides that.
Look it could be worse. You could have this wonderful thing called the pushup platoon. Every night 29 people have to go out before dismissal and do push ups for having their phones on them rather than in their lockers

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Look it could be worse. You could have this wonderful thing called the pushup platoon. Every night 29 people have to go out before dismissal and do push ups for having their phones on them rather than in their lockers

Wow that sucks, and no thank god everyone in the AM is good with that, Zero on the cells being on their persons.
So far only 2 punishments. One for someone refusing to participate in a skill and the water comedian.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Thanks man ! This may seem like a dumb question Lol But What does it mean if someone deferred ?

Hey man, sorry I got back to you late on this { No question is dumb when inquiring about things} I needed sleep after this week lol.
Deferred means for example, your number is called and you get the job offer but you don't feel ready and want to " Defer " to the next class. which you can,
So you won't go into Oct 31 class, but you will be called for the next instead.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
To piggyback on what tech techlife said.. don't be an a hole! Ladies and gentlemen, YOU chose this job. The job didn't choose you.

I've been on the streets now for about a month and you see a lot of a holes out here. A lot of people who hate the job and it makes your life miserable.

When talking to patients, have respect and kill them with kindness. Sounds dumb but it's true. Doing so, you'll ease the patient and put everyone else at ease. Don't talk to people like garbage. It looks bad for the department, and especially YOU.

When you get a job, don't moan and groan. I've seen a lot of that and I've only been on the streets for a month. When a job comes in just accept it, you signed up for it. If you don't like it, resign. Simple as that.

Those in the academy acting up. Quit being a fool. You're a probie (just like me) and you can get dismissed at any time. Respect your instructors. They're all really chill (for tour 2 at least). If you respect them. They will respect and teach you.

Good luck to all.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Hey man, sorry I got back to you late on this { No question is dumb when inquiring about things} I needed sleep after this week lol.
Deferred means for example, your number is called and you get the job offer but you don't feel ready and want to " Defer " to the next class. which you can,
So you won't go into Oct 31 class, but you will be called for the next instead.
Its fine bro ! No problem ! Thanks a lot ! Appreciate it ! Greatly ! My LIST number is in the early 1400's ! Im over here freaking out .. Lol cause the last few Numbers i Heard they LEFT on around the early 1400's Lol :(

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Its fine bro ! No problem ! Thanks a lot ! Appreciate it ! Greatly ! My LIST number is in the early 1400's ! Im over here freaking out .. Lol cause the last few Numbers i Heard they LEFT on around the early 1400's Lol :(

Sit tight and just prepare yourself for Oct. like I said before refresh yourself on EMT lessons from when you attended {makes the understanding of the lessons better } if you haven't already work on a bus.
Run, jumping jacks etc.
And just do you brother, respect the instructors, stay away from the ones you see are clowns (you will be hated as they seem to be the causes for punishments)
Study and as I said "Just DO YOU "
and you will be fine.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Sit tight and just prepare yourself for Oct. like I said before refresh yourself on EMT lessons from when you attended {makes the understanding of the lessons better } if you haven't already work on a bus.
Run, jumping jacks etc.
And just do you brother, respect the instructors, stay away from the ones you see are clowns (you will be hated as they seem to be the causes for punishments)
Study and as I said "Just DO YOU "
and you will be fine.
Thanks a lot man ! Really appreciate it ! YOUR words are definitely encouraging ! Thanks again bro ! Will do

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
List number 54x for test 6003. Took psych also on July 30th and medical is on the 16th. Probably won't make October 31st academy so maybe Jan/feb?
My list number is 51x and when I inquired about the academy was told Oct, if not than Jan/Feb 2017. I was told it takes them 900 people to fill a class of 180.

Dot212

Forum Crew Member
Im #6003 list #9xx so i can potentially be in class feb or next after that
To be honest, I'm list #6x on 6003 and I'm expecting the January class. They told my group to be ready for the last July class, which clearly was not gonna happen. Just some food for thought.

JZHusky

Forum Crew Member
To be honest, I'm list #6x on 6003 and I'm expecting the January class. They told my group to be ready for the last July class, which clearly was not gonna happen. Just some food for thought.

This is why I think we stand a shot at October. They can't be THAT far off in their estimation. I mean cmon.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Judging how last test went the first 100 or so made January so ur looking at January with a list number of 60. yeah they told our group same thing they're never accurate I was told July as well and we got called april and I had list number low 200's.

Nsanc123

Forum Probie
Judging how last test went the first 100 or so made January so ur looking at January with a list number of 60. yeah they told our group same thing they're never accurate I was told July as well and we got called april and I had list number low 200's.
Wow so a year from now