FDNY EMS Candidates

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Hey guys how should I dress at the uniform fitting tomorrow? Also how long were you there? Shoykd I prepare for a long day?
Dress comfortable u will be running with all ur gear to diff buildings. And run trust me ppl will be watching where u can't see them and u will get punished your first day. Get use to running whenever you're at base you're "double timing" running everywhere while on the clock even on breaks

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Hey guys how should I dress at the uniform fitting tomorrow? Also how long were you there? Shoykd I prepare for a long day?
Roughly 4 hours, dress comfortably. They Will expect you to run or briskly walk (indoors ofcourse). Some of us showed up in shorts and a tshirt, others dressed to impress. Its more about you being comfortable than anything.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Roughly 4 hours, dress comfortably. They Will expect you to run or briskly walk (indoors ofcourse). Some of us showed up in shorts and a tshirt, others dressed to impress. Its more about you being comfortable than anything.
You guys didn't have to go down the hill to the other building to get ppe?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

Ok I was planning on wearing shorts and a Tee due to all the running from spot to spot getting gear..

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Can a person get skipped ? supposedly Someone with a LIST number higher than me got called ! Im nervous now ! Lol

It depends on who you investigator is and how they have their files in order. So if they had a problem with you I am pretty sure a letter would have went out. But when it comes to them No news is good news.
Hang in there, They have to get to you.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

Going tomorrow dressed in shorts and a Tee running shoes lol. As I hear gotta keep that run going while going from building to building.

Ambulance402

Forum Crew Member
Dress comfortable u will be running with all ur gear to diff buildings. And run trust me ppl will be watching where u can't see them and u will get punished your first day. Get use to running whenever you're at base you're "double timing" running everywhere while on the clock even on breaks
Hey Mel I thought you said PT starts the 2nd week of the class? If we still get punished on the first day of class, do we run? Also
.......... CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GRADUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at Metrotrch on the 6th floor taking pictures for my ID and I overheard Ms. Quin say 177 graduated. Thats pritty amazing for a 180 person class. Good luck on the streets and with your career in the Department

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Hey Mel I thought you said PT starts the 2nd week of the class? If we still get punished on the first day of class, do we run? Also
.......... CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GRADUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at Metrotrch on the 6th floor taking pictures for my ID and I overheard Ms. Quin say 177 graduated. Thats pritty amazing for a 180 person class. Good luck on the streets and with your career in the Department
You don't have to be in PT gear for pt lol. Am class did over 100 pushups first day as punishment and we did 60 bcuz not that many ppl messed up, you'll be doing a lot of stuff in full uniform, pushups & mountain climbers mostly the actual PT doesn't start till 2nd week. Thank you it was a beautiful ceremony

Ambulance402

Forum Crew Member
You don't have to be in PT gear for pt lol. Am class did over 100 pushups first day as punishment and we did 60 bcuz not that many ppl messed up, you'll be doing a lot of stuff in full uniform, pushups & mountain climbers mostly the actual PT doesn't start till 2nd week. Thank you it was a beautiful ceremony
Yea thats true, doing that in July is ganna suck hahah

orj91

Forum Probie
which belt do we wear on Monday ? Also do we wear the collar brass or no? I've heard different answers

emsc

Forum Crew Member
The smooth belt. And I'm not sure about the collar brass either. I think it was a no though.
Did anybody else not get the short sleeve shirts because they had to order your size?

orj91

Forum Probie
true. I guess I'll just bring them in my pocket. They had my shirt size. I went a little bigger because I think they shrink. What did they tell you to wear?

Ambulance402

Forum Crew Member
Hey april academy graduates I have a kina silly question for you. Do the random drug tests they give us also look for alcohol? My neighbor is a FF and he told me when he went through the EMS Academy in 2005 they were looking for drugs AND alcohol because back then alcoholism was such a problem. It was so bad in the late 90s people would show up to work drunk (FF and EMT's/Paramedics) that they didnt want people drinking on their days off in the academy. i only ask because I enjoy the history of the fdny, the war years and everything. Cool stuff

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
It depends on who you investigator is and how they have their files in order. So if they had a problem with you I am pretty sure a letter would have went out. But when it comes to them No news is good news.
Hang in there, They have to get to you.
Thanks man ! I hope so ! Its kinda tough for me cause my investigator is sorta moody ! Like she doesn't like to be bothered! Last time i called her, all she said was theres a CLASS starting in July and when they get to my LIST number i'll be called ! Thats it ! Lol

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Thanks man ! I hope so ! Its kinda tough for me cause my investigator is sorta moody ! Like she doesn't like to be bothered! Last time i called her, all she said was theres a CLASS starting in July and when they get to my LIST number i'll be called ! Thats it ! Lol

There you go brother, it's said they don't like the calls, I never called them even when I was sweating with nerves. Just hang tight, enjoy your summer.
Start Push ups cardio and keep busy. before you know it you'll be posting that you got that call.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
There you go brother, it's said they don't like the calls, I never called them even when I was sweating with nerves. Just hang tight, enjoy your summer.
Start Push ups cardio and keep busy. before you know it you'll be posting that you got that call.
DAMNNN Lol okay ! Thanks a lot bro ! Really really appreciate it ! I feel a WHOLE lot better ! Thanks again !

Str8dope

Forum Probie
Hey guys! Im on the 6003 exam and list # 6XX im taking my psych and physical early next month. Do you think ill have any chance at getting in the academy this October??

Thanks for the help.

orj91

Forum Probie
Hey guys! Im on the 6003 exam and list # 6XX im taking my psych and physical early next month. Do you think ill have any chance at getting in the academy this October??

Thanks for the help.
no chance. to be completely honest your looking at April probably

Str8dope

Forum Probie
no chance. to be completely honest your looking at April probably

Damn lol .. when i was there the candidate investigator told up that we could expect to be in ether the October or January classes. I though October was a long shot as well but i think January is possible