FDNY EMS Candidates

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
I'm going to disclose it. What I'm wondering is if it's going to disqualify me or not.

We can't answer that but if you close, the chances shift in your favor for you investigator excusing the tickets etc.

pvtjs

Forum Ride Along
We can't answer that but if you close, the chances shift in your favor for you investigator excusing the tickets etc.

I'm hoping someone on here will be able to answer. There are current FDNY EMT's on here. Someone must have either been hired with tickets on their record, or been disqualified because of it. Or at least know someone in that situation.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
I'm hoping someone on here will be able to answer. There are current FDNY EMT's on here. Someone must have either been hired with tickets on their record, or been disqualified because of it. Or at least know someone in that situation.

It depends on your driving record and how it looks now, how many points you got from the ticket, how much you were going over the speed limit etc. Of course people have been hired with tickets on their record but that's not up to them or any of us to decide what's good or not. A speeding ticket does not look good, especially two. Do your best to show you understand that you made your mistakes and you've learned from them. None of us here are investigators and can tell you what protocols they follow or what mood yours will be in that day.

I'm sorry you didn't get the definitive yes or no answer you desired, but you're not going to find that here. I know you're anxious to know, but all I can advise is to disclose everything and show your sorrow towards your violations.

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
My coworker's investigator said calls will start going out Monday the 4th. Good luck everyone, post when you get called!!!!!
I'm sorry guys, my coworker said the 5th*. I txtd him saying isn't it weird that calls would go out on a holiday (July 4th) ? And he told me he said the 5th, so I guess I misheard him. So Tuesday the 5th

pvtjs

Forum Ride Along
It depends on your driving record and how it looks now, how many points you got from the ticket, how much you were going over the speed limit etc. Of course people have been hired with tickets on their record but that's not up to them or any of us to decide what's good or not. A speeding ticket does not look good, especially two. Do your best to show you understand that you made your mistakes and you've learned from them. None of us here are investigators and can tell you what protocols they follow or what mood yours will be in that day.

I'm sorry you didn't get the definitive yes or no answer you desired, but you're not going to find that here. I know you're anxious to know, but all I can advise is to disclose everything and show your sorrow towards your violations.

I know I'm not going to get a definitive answer, but I'd like to hear about cases where people were either hired with tickets on their record, or disqualified because of them.

NYK07

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys I have a question, I took exam 5003 my list number is 97*
When they contact you to ask of your still interested in the position, do they ask you about your current job? The reason I ask is because when I 1st saw my investigator I was working at a fast food restaurant and in late February, I pretty much stop showing up because I got another job working EMS transport, so is that gonna be a problem?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Hey guys I have a question, I took exam 5003 my list number is 97*
When they contact you to ask of your still interested in the position, do they ask you about your current job? The reason I ask is because when I 1st saw my investigator I was working at a fast food restaurant and in late February, I pretty much stop showing up because I got another job working EMS transport, so is that gonna be a problem?
Yes any change of employment u have to let them know immediately and any traffic tickets, arrests etc otherwise that's a failure to disclose and an automatic dq

Last edited:

NYK07

Forum Ride Along
Yes any change of employment u have to let them know immediately and any traffic tickets, arrests etc otherwise that's a failure to disclose and an automatic dq
Damn, I pretty much left my job and got hired on EMS transport on 2/19/16 and I didn't disclose this to my investigator, so I'm screwed?

NYCEMT92

Forum Probie
Hey everyone. I was wondering, if you want to drop out of the process for this year should an email be sent? I failed the physical agility and I'm going to hold off till next year instead of retaking it and prepare myself a bit more. Do I need to write to them or just wait till the test is released again and just sendo in another app.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Hey everyone. I was wondering, if you want to drop out of the process for this year should an email be sent? I failed the physical agility and I'm going to hold off till next year instead of retaking it and prepare myself a bit more. Do I need to write to them or just wait till the test is released again and just sendo in another app.
I honestly wouldn't do that they give u usually 6 months after failing to come back and redo it, I would keep trying if by that new date u don't feel confident u can just reschedule it and it should give u another month or so depending on scheduling. I never heard of anyone postponing the process unless they were medically hurt and they needed paperwork from docs to prove

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
I know I'm not going to get a definitive answer, but I'd like to hear about cases where people were either hired with tickets on their record, or disqualified because of them.
I had a ticket that was reduced in my record. A few people in my class had some tickets. Again , if there was time in between the tickets, and you have not done it recently, you should be alright.

NYCEMT92

Forum Probie
I honestly wouldn't do that they give u usually 6 months after failing to come back and redo it, I would keep trying if by that new date u don't feel confident u can just reschedule it and it should give u another month or so depending on scheduling. I never heard of anyone postponing the process unless they were medically hurt and they needed paperwork from docs to prove

Thanks for the answer. I am also leaning in general towards possibly taking a different career path. However if I ever decide to head back I don't want anything looming from not withdrawing myself.

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
I just called dcas and I'm no longer on an outstanding certification....... did I just get D/Qd? #998 test 5003, it also said the last appointed was in the 1400's, that cant be right. somebody near my number please call dcas 212-669-1357

Last edited:

NYK07

Forum Ride Along
I just called dcas and I'm no longer on an outstanding certification....... did I just get D/Qd? #998 test 5003, it also said the last appointed was in the 1400's, that cant be right. somebody near my number please call dcas 212-669-1357
My # is a little earlier then yours I'm 97* I'm afraid if I call I'll get DQ also because I didn't disclose that I left my current job and got a new one

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain

Im still on hold. I'll figure it out.

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
I Used the automated system DorkyEMT. just call, put in your social, then put in the test number (5003). then it gives you info on the test