EMT-B course along with other college courses. Thoughts?

Kaleb Griffin

Forum Crew Member
I am taking an EMT-B course at my college, which starts on the 11th. I will also be taking an advanced english composition class and an elective to fulfill my nursing school requirements for graduation. I'm just curious to know who took their EMT-B course by itself, or if it was taken with other class and also how well you were able to handle it. I feel that the EMT course won't be that difficult, I already have most of the basic knowledge, just the matter of learning new skills and the role of the EMT-B. The course load just seems like it is going to be very busy. Thanks to everyone who replies.

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
1300 pages of 10th grade reading material. You've already taken A&P so this will be a walk in the park.

I just slept through the class.

OP
OP
K

Kaleb Griffin

Forum Crew Member
1300 pages of 10th grade reading material. You've already taken A&P so this will be a walk in the park.

I just slept through the class.
Yes, A&P 1 and 2. I feel the nursing school experience and working as an ER tech will help tremendously. Just looking at the syllabus and seeing 15 chapters per test was a bit intimidating lol.

collisionforensics

Forum Ride Along
When I took my EMT-B, I was finishing my degree taking 10 hours of college level classes and working full time. While I had no free time, I finished the class with a high 90 average. As long as you stay focused you will be fine.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I took mine at night as a fulltime undergrad. It was not hard at all. I was a freshman too.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
You will be fine. I took several other classes during both EMT and Medic. I'm a full time medic now and am still in school.

It's most definitely doable. Not pleasant, but doable.

Altitudes

Forum Crew Member
I took I think 14-15 credits at a university while commuting about 90 minutes round trip two or three times a week for EMT class. Wasn't an issue for me. I should have gotten an A in the class, but I forgot about a few assignments which dropped me to an A-.

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
Just to echo what others have said, I was a full time undergrad and took my EMT course at the same time. If you are able to master the college level stuff, you probably won't even notice the EMT class stuff.