EMS Week...

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
What are the plans for your squads EMS Week comin in May? I believe we are planning on going to our grade school that is in our district and going over stuff with the kids. Looking for some ideas I can share with my squad.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
"Touch box"

We bring one of our training ambulances and a "touch box" which has a toddler size teddybear, bp cuffs, stephscopes dressings pedi c-collers, pedi NRB masks and gloves.
We talk to the children about calling 911 and then they get to take care of the bear (which by the why is named Jack!) by putting the O2 masks dressing "Jack bear's boo-boos and wearing gloves. It is a great teaching tool for the kids and our staff really enjoy doing the public ed. But of course the best part for the kids is when we turn on the lights and sirens!! Hope this helps! :)

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
We approach it at a different angle. Alike Nurse's week, RT week, etc. It is a week to appreciate those that serve, yes to educate the public to a certain degree, but to take time and appreciate ourselves.

We have not decided yet, exactly what we are going to do, but last year we had a open house with a cook out, purchased T-shirts with the company logo embroidered and logo on the back, a large gear/duffel bag.

Although, I definitely believe in educating the public, I do believe it is a time for us to shine about ourselves, we deserve it.

R/r 911

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
I''m part of my service's EMS week planning committee. I have a few ideas on what to do during the week, the week should be good.