Ellite Ambulance Service

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
So today the LACO EMS Agency unanimously denied an operators license to this company. Good Job LA, good job.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Finally LaCo is cleaning up house. All these shady renal rodeo companies

Feel bad for the employees though

Medlife is allowed to operate during the appeals process. Elite will probably do the same.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I'm confused. It looks like the only issue is that Culver City wouldn't verify that Elite held a business license and that they were waiting for LACo EMS to issue a license before they issued a city business license. Link I would imagine that something more significant than that would be documented in order to defend denying a license to an ambulance company.

OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
They were also denied for unqualified management and the role that the owners husband who was a convicted criminal for identity fraud posed as the president of ellite

JPINFV

Gadfly
They were also denied for unqualified management and the role that the owners husband who was a convicted criminal for identity fraud posed as the president of ellite

Just curious, do you have a source for this?

OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah I was there.. The audience was packed... I can honestly say that elite's management was not well prepared.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Good enough. Just curious.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
LA County is just looking to reduce amount of ambulance running in their county. It should not be up to the county to decide if the experience of management is good enough or not. I really want to see how hearing for American professional ambulance will go. They been around for long time, if they run in to problem then everyone will as well.

OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
on the contrary, i do believe that the EMS Agency should be involved in approving or denying operators licenses. A company should have experienced management to run a legitimate ambulance service. Although it might not require the person starting up the company to be well versed with pre-hospital knowledge, but definitely should hire competent management. I mean, would you want your family members to be transported by a company with unqualified management, which in turn, will produce poorly trained EMT's? The "owner" of Elite had no idea what was going on in her Company, neither did the GM. The only qualified manager was the Paramedic they hired, which she also got reamed for flaunting a LACO Paramedic patch on her right shoulder and an Elite patch on the left, portraying that Elite operates paramedic level of service.

energystar

Forum Crew Member
Ahhh gotcha I know PRN, bowers and liberty actually have medic units separate from CCT. That being said it still is all IFT work and aside from a pay raise, rather dull work. Does elite run into Orange County too?

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Ahhh gotcha I know PRN, bowers and liberty actually have medic units separate from CCT. That being said it still is all IFT work and aside from a pay raise, rather dull work. Does elite run into Orange County too?

Yes PRN,Bowers,Liberty and many others run medic rigs. Those companies are all LaCo approved. Not just City.

Metro EMS News

Forum Crew Member
Elite Ambulance, Inc. - Denied, Appealing Decision

The Ambulance Operator Business License for Elite Ambulance, Inc. was denied effective January 11, 2013; however, the LA County EMS Agency has received notification that this company is appealing the decision and requesting a stay pending the outcome of their appeal. The results of the stay request and appeal are pending at this time and additional information will be provided as it becomes
available.
http://ems.dhs.lacounty.gov/AmbulanceLicensing/AmbOperAppReceived.pdf

Chop 'em down chop 'em down!