Can someone Post updated CPR Rates?!

Coleoneps

Forum Probie
I cant view the skill sheets or find the exact ventilation rates online anywhere that the test will use. I have a pretty good idea of most of them but if anyone can post the proper rates for peds, children, adults adults for 1 and 2 rescuer . I take my NR test tomorrow and just make sure the rates from the sites ive been using are correct because they seem to change so much. Thanks.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Did you get a book from your hcp cpr class?

30:2 for adults and 1 rescuer child and infant
15:2 for 2 rescuer child and infant

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
1 breath every 6-8 seconds with CPR and an advanced airway (Asynchronous compressions and breaths)
1 breath every 3-5 Seconds rescue breathing for children
1 breath 5-6 seconds for adult rescue breathing

As said above, it's all in conveniently organized in tables in your BLS HCP Student Book.

OP
OP
C

Coleoneps

Forum Probie
I dont have one of those books. I took a state program almost 2 years ago when rates were different. My cpr just expired this month. thank tho!

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
If your CPR expired this month, wouldn't it be prudent for you to seek out a refresher or recertification course before seeking new certification, especially as you don't feel comfortable with the current guidelines? What would you do with a patient?

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
My test is today. I feel comfortable doing it. I need book answers tho.

Hard, fast, and deep on the lower 1/2 of the sternum allowing for complete recoil between each compression.

Maintain a rate of at least 100 bpm at a depth of at least 2 inches (5 cm).

30:2 is for people who don't like to save lives.

Continuous, minimally interrupted CPR is for people who like to save lives.

If your instructor focuses on ventilation rates beyond, "don't hyperventilate, one breath every 6-8 seconds is probably too much, one every 10 seconds is better," then they don't like saving lives either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles

Forum Moron
Just play the song stayin alive!