California State University Sacramento Paramedic Program

drotwein

Forum Ride Along
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any personal experience with the paramedic program at Sacramento State University. I have researched it online but wanted to get some insight from someone with personal experience. I have also heard that the California Regional Fire Academy in Sacramento has very good EMS programs, if anyone has any thoughts on either one it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
New program, met 1 intern out of it so far and he felt it was a good program.

Lots of programs in that area, look for one that best fits your schedule. Be it a Mon - Fri or a fri-sat class

Nelg

Forum Crew Member
I have been looking at potential Paramedic programs in the Sacramento area as well. Glad to know of another available outaide of the ARC/Los Rios district.

rodoni

Forum Probie
Sac State's program is really good. I will be going through their program instead of CRFA's (California regional fire academy) program. I did the CRFA EMT course this past graduating class (13-1). It was a good program however in order to do their medic program you have to go through their paramedic prep program as well. Their staff is mostly Sac Metro FFs which is cool. Sac State's program is mostly Sac City FFs. I'm a volunteer for city so I'll be going through their program and I also attend sac state. I can also get FA with Sac State's program (if I need it). CRFA's program is 13k out of your own pocket.