California DMV Expungement?

6Creedmoor

Forum Ride Along
Greetings,
I was notified by a local private ambulance company that I need to get two violations on my DMV H6 expunged before proceeding with the hiring process. I was a little puzzled and so was my friend who is a CHP officer. I guess it's an insurance thing. This is in the state of California. The infractions are a 21655.5 (Car pool lane violation) from 2003 and a 23123A (operating a cell phone while driving) in 2010. Other than that my record is clean, 0 points, no accidents, no failures to pay or appear. I was assuming those two infractions were no big deal. I've searched the California DMV website far and wide but have not come up with anything. The best I can find are bogus DMV websites advertising DUI expungment. Before I waste what little free time I have in the DMV, has anyone else ran into this? Thanks in advance.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Most companies only require a H-6 DMV print out which is a 10 year history which means your violation from 2003 would not even show up on your record. With both violations being 7+ years old any points on your record would have gone away already. Something is a little fishy with that.

OP
OP

6Creedmoor

Forum Ride Along
I agree. The more serious of the two is the carpool lane violation which has always been 0 points. I'm thinking they should have fallen off by now but haven't for some reason. I guess I'm off to DMV and that will probably leave me with more questions than answers.

wirk242

Forum Probie
Yeah actually this is a real thing. I was in your same boat. I have things that show up in my h6 that we're over 10 years old.

There was a DMV number I had to call and they removed old moving violations off my H6. They purged everything that was older that 5 years.

The purge date appears on your H6 and if you go through a background process for a department you have to explain it and what was removed from your record.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
The purge date appears on your H6 and if you go through a background process for a department you have to explain it and what was removed from your record.
doesn't that kind of defeat the entire idea?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?