Bls for Robert Wood Johnson in New Brunswick, New Jersey?

NJEMT19

Forum Ride Along
Hello all,
This is my first post to this forum so bear with me if I sound like a noob. My name is Andrew and I am a 19 year old nj certified EMT-B. I currently attend Rutgers University and reside in New Brunswick New Jersey. I have three years of experience as a BLS provider, for two
different agencies. I was wondering if anybody here works for Robert wood Johnson in New Brunswick as BLS or has applied for that position before, and can tell me if they are hiring and what the process is like. What is the exact title of the position and what are the requirements? I know Robert wood hires for somerset and Hamilton, but I unfortunately would only be able to work in New Brunswick because I am a college student. Thank you guys so much for your feedback.

JBEMT93

Forum Ride Along
Hey Andrew,

You're best off checking RWJ website.

Also last I heard North Brunswick is hiring.

Happy hunting
Joe

OP
OP
N

NJEMT19

Forum Ride Along
Unfortunately I have checked Robert woods website multiple times, and unless they call their BLS, emt-I(which I doubt) then the only BLS position they are hiring in new brunswick is a supervisor. I did look into north brunswick but unless it is possible to walk there from George street in New Brunswick I would not be able to work there. Here is a picture off all rwj job listings in New Brunswick with the keyword EMT. Thanks again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 275

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Unfortunately I have checked Robert woods website multiple times, and unless they call their BLS, emt-I(which I doubt) then the only BLS position they are hiring in new brunswick is a supervisor. I did look into north brunswick but unless it is possible to walk there from George street in New Brunswick I would not be able to work there. Here is a picture off all rwj job listings in New Brunswick with the keyword EMT. Thanks again.
It's EMT-1, not EMT-Int. You can get a raise by becoming an EMT-2, or EMT-II.

They are always collecting applications for EMTs, and hire in bunches when they need them. Fill out an application, wait until they call you.

"High school graduate or equivalent. Must possess and maintain a current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association. Must possess and maintain a valid certification as an Emergency Medical Technician issued by the New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services. Must complete a New Jersey Hazardous Materials Awareness Certification course. Must have two (2) years pre-hospital Basic Life Support experience."

OP
OP
N

NJEMT19

Forum Ride Along
Well don't I feel stupid.......... Do you know anything about their testing process? Interview process? Do you know the pay rate of emts-1? Sorry for all the questions I just want to try and get as much info as possible. Also do you think it will matter that my three years of experience hasall been volunteer ems?