Bloused boots in ems?

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Shorts look absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional, IMO.

If you actually know how to carry yourself, I don't see shorts being an issue. This is my first time living down south and I can not imagine not being able to wear shorts with this heat/humidity.

If my company allows shorts, best believe I am wearing them.

hogwiley

Forum Captain
I think blousing boots would look pretty ridiculous myself.

Newsflash: EMS is not the military, is not remotely LIKE the military, and should not be remotely like the military.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I've never seen anyone blouse their boots here.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I think blousing boots would look pretty ridiculous myself.

Newsflash: EMS is not the military, is not remotely LIKE the military, and should not be remotely like the military.

While I agree that blousing boots looks pretty silly, many EMS agencies are paramilitary in structure.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Shorts would be awesome, but then I would have to wear a leg condom.

I've got an extra compression thingy from my surgery if you wanna borrow it ;)

Unless my agency changes their stance on tattoos I'm destined to be in pants and a long sleeve shirt.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

EMSchiccy99

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, what's your opinion of ems personnel blousing their pants? I always thought they looked cool and professional, but I don't want to seem like I'm trying too hard on my first day as an EMT. I saw one guy at my station with bloused boots but I don't know how common it is.
We used to do it a lot in

EMSchiccy99

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, what's your opinion of ems personnel blousing their pants? I always thought they looked cool and professional, but I don't want to seem like I'm trying too hard on my first day as an EMT. I saw one guy at my station with bloused boots but I don't know how common it is.
We used to do it in southeast Georgia way back in the day. Like about 1995. A few years around that time. It was great. We didn't have cell phones back then. We wore bloused pants with the class A white shirts and the service beepers on our uniform somewhere. Either the belt line or the Epilets on the shirt. Those were the days. I would like to do it again.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, 8 years thread bump...

Anyways, slightly more pertinent to the OG convo, I was a Paratrooper in the Army, even in an Airborne Reserve unit while working EMS... and I never bloused my pants, never seen anyone else do it (at least not purposefully, a few times someone's hem got caught on the top of their boots, but thats not exactly the same thing lol)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Bloused boots in EMS = nerd.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
never done it... doubt I ever would.

RsqCrack

Bandwidth Binge
I've only ever seen fat people with super short haircuts blouse EMT pants FWIW.

I think it's ridiculous.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
1710774202062.png