Best thigh rig pouches?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
None. That crap would get caught on everything.
^This

Heck, I stopped wearing thigh pouches while I was deployed, pretty much for that exact reason. I'm not even much a fan of the thigh mounted pistol holsters they issued us....though I like them better than the chest mounts (mostly because I wore medium IOTVs and the chest holsters put the butt of the pistol right where I wanted to shoulder my M4), but a belt mount seemed to work best, but I'm going off on a tangent now....(Squirrel!!)

As far as EMS here in the States goes....if it doesn't fit in your pants pockets, it belongs in your jump bag(s), those preferably sitting on the gurney going into the scene

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I don't think I have seen an EMS provider that was not doing some sort of law enforcement activity with a thigh rig. Ever.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Oh, I did once, we couldn't stop laughing... he had an IFAK on a drop leg... on a routine medical call... it was amazing...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've seen one provider carry something like that, and he was going into a confined space for a rescue. Only time I've ever seen one used. I would probably break out laughing if I saw a 911 or (more likely) one of Mother's type of IFT providers come out of the bus with one.