Aemt

sark1980

Forum Ride Along
Starting an online AEMT course. I did my basic online and did fine. I did have previous expiring years ago though but I let certificate lapse. I have had a few people tell me online AEMT courses are not good I am better off learning in a classroom setting. However online works better for me but I am nervous. Any tips on how to study and get a good grasp on the information?

rails

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Which online program are you doing?

My suggestion would be to find off-line people to practice the skills with. The hardest part of the online environment will be preparing for the IV skills and similar.

OP
OP
sark1980

sark1980

Forum Ride Along
It's called EMSonline. It's a local program but all of it is online. I did my basic with them. The instructors do allow me to accompany them to training events and other EMT basic course they teach on the base here so that's a plus. I was just worried because of the negative remarks to online classes. They made it seem like it was to difficult to be doing online.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
different people have different learning styles. In my experience the most common issue people have is they don't know how to study or what kind of learner they are. With your past ems experience and experience with online studies you should be fine.... Skills can sometimes be hard at first if you don't have a lot of practice...also remember that knowing when, why and why not to do a skill is more important than actually performing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

rails

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
different people have different learning styles. In my experience the most common issue people have is they don't know how to study or what kind of learner they are. With your past experience and experience with online studies you should be fine.... Skills can sometimes be hard at first if you don't have a lot of practice...also remember that knowing when, why and why not to do a skill is more important than actually performing it.

What Tim said. :)

Knowing when, why, and why not is very important, and I can imagine the value of that more than necessarily the actual performance.

OP
OP
sark1980

sark1980

Forum Ride Along
Thank you. I will remember the when why and why not. I am a visual learner but I am hoping that attending trainings with my instructor will help. I think I will be ok I was just slightly concerned.