About to take the National registry

Brittany95

Forum Ride Along
Looking for some advice and some info on it. I've heard a different amount of questions everyone's took is there a certain reason some had 70 questions and some had 125? Also I have aN EMT-Basic exam cram plan book, has anyone used it and found it helpful? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 179

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Do some research on Computer Adaptive Tests. It means the test is different for everyone. Some will have 60-70 questions while others will have over 100 questions.

Anjel

Forum Angel
The Registry tests to make sure you competent. It's an adaptive testing.
https://www.nremt.org/nremt/about/CBT_AdaptiveTesting.asp

You answer one question wrong about bleeding control, and they will give you another bleeding control question. If you answer right they will go on to another subject.

Some say that if it cuts off at 70 you either completely bombed it or aced it. If it goes to 125 you were teetering the edge.

But really there is no rhyme or reason. Sometimes you are just chosen to go to 125 by the computer as a source of data collection.

Don't get caught up on numbers. And DO NOT TAKE YOUR TEST ON A FRIDAY. You will be killing yourself with worry all weekend.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The Registry tests to make sure you competent. It's an adaptive testing.
https://www.nremt.org/nremt/about/CBT_AdaptiveTesting.asp

You answer one question wrong about bleeding control, and they will give you another bleeding control question. If you answer right they will go on to another subject.

Some say that if it cuts off at 70 you either completely bombed it or aced it. If it goes to 125 you were teetering the edge.

But really there is no rhyme or reason. Sometimes you are just chosen to go to 125 by the computer as a source of data collection.

Don't get caught up on numbers. And DO NOT TAKE YOUR TEST ON A FRIDAY. You will be killing yourself with worry all weekend.
I'm taking my Medic test on saturday...

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm taking my Medic test on saturday...

Why would you do that to yourself?? Lol

I took mine on a Tuesday at 0730 so I could have the results the same day.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm not a morning person. And Saturday was the only day the testing site had open

Rin

Forum Captain
If given a "what would you do" scenario in which more than one answer is correct, choose the one you would do FIRST according to your skill sheets.

OP
OP
Brittany95

Brittany95

Forum Ride Along
Thanks everyone! Our instructor helped us schedule our tests and we didn't have the option to take it on weekends. I scheduled mine for this Wednesday.