the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Mine started off with a spammer in the FOAMED thread, so it going good so far.

There's a reason we leave that thread open, it's like they can't resist posting in it roflmao

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Thanks. I brought coffee, and listened and coved calls a couple of calls for the medic. She’s devastated.

This is one of the worst things I’ve seen.

I’m sorry to dump this out here, but I’m still trying to process.
That's an automatic go home IMHO...maybe even the next day off....no way anyone can concentrate on another call after something like that. Has nothing to do with being devastated or not. The acute psychological assault goes on for hours and is too distracting for any meaningful focus. Oh...and EMDR at the earliest possible chance. Stuff like this has to be treated like an on duty injury.

Last edited:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
That's an automatic go home IMHO...maybe even the next day off....no way anyone can concentrate on another call after something like that. Has nothing to do with being devastated or not. The acute psychological assault goes on for hours and is too distracting for any meaningful focus. Oh...and EMDR at the earliest possible chance. Stuff like this has to be treated like an on duty injury.
No one wanted to go home, no one wanted any type of therapy or critical incident team involvement, nobody wanted anything.

We try and try to provide a good mental health environment for the staff, yet it’s trying to smash down 50 years worth of stigma.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
No one wanted to go home, no one wanted any type of therapy or critical incident team involvement, nobody wanted anything.

We try and try to provide a good mental health environment for the staff, yet it’s trying to smash down 50 years worth of stigma.
yeah...totally get that. It's a problem. When the distinction between competency, assessment skills and distracted decision making v. being fragile and weak isn't appreciated, it always defaults to "I'm weak". It just that patients suffer for it to one extent or another....and no one sees the alcoholism and crappy marriages decades down the road either until they can't be ignored...

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Did a DNA test on my dog. Not a pug-beagle mix...actually a Shih Tzu-Pekingese-Pitbull-Coonhound-Bloodhound, or simply a "Shih-Pit". Pronounced like Mr. Lahey would.

1716256624174.png

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
Well I have officially decided that I'm either stupid or I hate myself, and enrolled in A&P yesterday. Next is applying to paramedic school. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment 🤷

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Well I have officially decided that I'm either stupid or I hate myself, and enrolled in A&P yesterday. Next is applying to paramedic school. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment 🤷
Jealous!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Ear infections suck. A middle ear infection and exterior ear infection is like a double whammy. anti biotics for me.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That moment when the insomnia strikes, and you don't end up going to bed until 4am the night (er morning?) before shift (normally wake up 6-6:30 for my 8am shift start)... and then we're up till midnight on calls (of which we hit double digits), decent night, slept until a 6am call... and then I go ahead and accept the Holdover Overtime that turns into 6.5 hours (finally heading home at almost 3pm, 30 1/2 hours later). Fun times lol

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
On Saturdays I work one of the rare stations where you can be alone with your thoughts for ¾ of the shift, so I used our downtime to put newly acquired shiny accessories on my pickup

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Last week I was able to put some suspension parts upon my pickup. I installed the RAS system on my F150 and I do have to say that I am quite pleased with the improvement in how the truck rides. Unfortunately I wasn't at work (neither job) and as work doesn't have vehicle lifts of any sort, I had to do the job in front of my house. Actual install time was just about 45 minutes, but add another 45 minutes for finding the various tools that I might need and another 15 for drinking water as it was a bit hot...

I just hope that I don't have to replace my cam phasers. Book time for that is something like 15 hours. Not hard, but very tedious and I figure it would take me 20-25 as I'd inevitably have to find/acquire tools urgently that I wasn't expecting to need...