Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
winchester_1300.jpg

300px-Beretta_Model_1934_Pistol.jpg

zombieland-rule-number-one-cardio-300x207.jpg

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Well... police and EMS will probably be some of the first to be attacked, however, after the initial outbreak, police and EMS will be highly regarded for our skills.

Having said that, are we talking George A Ramero zombies, or 28 Days Later "zombies"?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I too would like to know what kind of zombies we're talking about...I mean either way I'll still end up running around screaming like a 4 year old girl.

Pseudonymous

Forum Crew Member
Something tells me we're in the worst profession possible should there be a zombie outbreak. At least at the beginning.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Well my partner said he has it all figured out. He is going to hold up at bass pro shop.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm pretty much with JP.

tumblr_lckq9vBDVQ1qdu984o1_500.jpg

Rem870andSurefire.jpg

acfe021.jpg

60-serving-emergency-food-kit_0.jpeg

And when all else fails....some good old hardwood....................

louisville-slugger-bat.jpg

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Well my partner said he has it all figured out. He is going to hold up at bass pro shop.

We need to get an EMTLife group together to take over and defend Bass Pro Shops, Cabellas, various supermarkets and walmarts all over the country. :rofl:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Don't know why everyone prefers shotguns in this situation. A good submachine gun is so much better. Weighs less, carries more ammo, is more accurate at range, is smaller, and you can run a lot faster with it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
To be honest, a good, accurate, mag-fed semi .22LR would be perfect for zombies.

Pseudonymous

Forum Crew Member
A Purpleheart Bokken would be excellent as a primary weapon. While guns would be the most efficient at zombie killing, ammunition is limited, and would attract loads of attention from both zombies, and perhaps undesirable humans as well. I would prefer a stealthy approach to Zombie survival.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Know what I have noticed? Most Z-Day survival plans involve defensive plans. So here is my new and improved plan. I say screw defense. Go on the offensive. Get out your .300WSM and your .30-06 and start hunting them buggers down. You are going to die in the long run anyhow, might as well take as many with you as you can. Rig up some huge ANFO bomb in your back yard, retreat there when things finally get too hot, wait for several thousand zombies to congregate and the roast the who area. I'm talking BIG bomb here. Like several thousand gallons of diesel and enough fertilizer to go with that. Maybe a couple hundred pounds of dynamite from abandoned construction sites. That can all be set off with a hommade black powder bomb made from galvinized pipe, power from walmart and even if you don't have an electric detonator, rig up a handgun to fire a blank round into an opening on the bomb.

Yep, thats what I'm going to do, so if you plan on long term survival, stay away. Then 5 years from when I check out, y'all still be hiding in the woods, envying old Lights who killed more zombies than the rest of you put together. And then a year after that, when you are finally run down by a mutant zombie Grizzly bear, you can remember that you could have thrown in with me and killed a crap load of them buggers.

lol!

Did I seriously just wast 5 minutes writing that?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Know what I have noticed? Most Z-Day survival plans involve defensive plans. So here is my new and improved plan. I say screw defense. Go on the offensive. Get out your .300WSM and your .30-06 and start hunting them buggers down. You are going to die in the long run anyhow, might as well take as many with you as you can. Rig up some huge ANFO bomb in your back yard, retreat there when things finally get too hot, wait for several thousand zombies to congregate and the roast the who area. I'm talking BIG bomb here. Like several thousand gallons of diesel and enough fertilizer to go with that. Maybe a couple hundred pounds of dynamite from abandoned construction sites. That can all be set off with a hommade black powder bomb made from galvinized pipe, power from walmart and even if you don't have an electric detonator, rig up a handgun to fire a blank round into an opening on the bomb.

Yep, thats what I'm going to do, so if you plan on long term survival, stay away. Then 5 years from when I check out, y'all still be hiding in the woods, envying old Lights who killed more zombies than the rest of you put together. And then a year after that, when you are finally run down by a mutant zombie Grizzly bear, you can remember that you could have thrown in with me and killed a crap load of them buggers.

lol!

Did I seriously just wast 5 minutes writing that?
Wait... you mean most people DONT have a bomb like that in their back yard? Umm... ok...

JPINFV

Gadfly
Don't know why everyone prefers shotguns in this situation. A good submachine gun is so much better. Weighs less, carries more ammo, is more accurate at range, is smaller, and you can run a lot faster with it.

...because the tax stamp for automatics is expensive and hard to get, especially in the PRK. Now, sure, once all hell brakes loose we can go raid the armory, but we still have to survive long enough and make it to the armory.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Well, it's silent, needs no ammo, and has other uses.

big%5Cbahco_p57_25_w_300x_watermark.jpg

AmeriMedic21

Forum Crew Member
well, i would most definitely gather some guns from my personal armory(im a collector and have stockpiled ammo) and then i would gather water filters and some food, and would load all of that up in my old A.L.I.C.E pack and would set sail for the extreme country side. See, i agree a .22 LR would be a good choice, you just need to destroy the brain, and a .22 would be perfect for that. its cheap and easily available, hi-cap mags would be easy to obtain and ammo is light weight. I personally have a ruger 10/22, i would have that plus a couple of my shottys and my personal favorite, my M&P 15OR(its been tact out). See the good thing about a .223 or 5.56x45 NATO round, is that for one its a common varmint hunting round, and our military and all of NATO uses that round. So ammo could be left around from unfortunate fighters, and if you happened to rendezvous with the good old military, you could have ammo available. So, next i would find a fuel efficient truck, and together my family and i would try and find a great spot to hold out. See, the kind of zombies that i think could ever come about would be a virus that corrupts the brain and instructs the brain to spread its viruses through secretions(an infection). These zombies wouldnt be dead, they would be brain dead in a sense, but would still require oxygen, and still rely on cardiovascular support and pulmonary support, so they wouldnt be invincible, a normal vital shot on an non-infected would be sufficient. I would stay away from really close quarters combat situations. Just like other blood borne pathogens could be spread, an infected zombie could infect you through the same way. anyway, i think a great hideout would be somewhere that water could be accessible, and food could be gathered, such as game hunting, and a garden. It would be a tough time, but i think we non-infected would prevail.
Just my 2 cents.:p

Ryan S.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Something tells me we're in the worst profession possible should there be a zombie outbreak. At least at the beginning.

"SEND MORE PARAMEDICS"

I'll buy a beer for anyone who knows what zombie film that quote is from.