What type of Siren Do You Use?

Cory

Forum Captain
This might have been done before, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

What type of siren does your rig have? I think PA300 is quite common in EMS vehicles.

Anyway, my other question is, which tone do you think clears traffic best?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
A loud one :D

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Maybe I'm just that anti whacker but I honestly have no idea, never really gave it any thought to look. Don't want to brag but I could tell you every piece of medical equipment in the back of my rig but have no idea what model lightbar or siren we use.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

Forum Captain
Maybe I'm just that anti whacker but I honestly have no idea, never really gave it any thought to look. Don't want to brag but I could tell you every piece of medical equipment in the back of my rig but have no idea what model lightbar or siren we use.

Haha, fair enough. I will admit it is a very minor deatil.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Okay this thread is reopened now that I have removed 20 off topic posts. This is the only warning you're going to get...if I see ANY and I mean ANY more posts like the ones that I removed from this thread, the offending people will get a 30 day vacation from the forum.

signadmin1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Okay this thread is reopened now that I have removed 20 off topic posts. This is the only warning you're going to get...if I see ANY and I mean ANY more posts like the ones that I removed from this thread, the offending people will get a 30 day vacation from the forum.

signadmin1.gif

Thank you FFEMT... those 20 posts were unbearable.

Never gave a thought to the style/brand of siren used... I am always more concerened with the driving style when the siren is in use and what emergency we are dealing with that warrented the siren.

But, as Rid said... A LOUD ONE, please...

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief

signadmin1.gif

Crap I don't know what those posts looked like! ;)

Every place I've worked we used the siren that made loud noises. Myself and a few of the partners I've had never bothered to check. If it makes any difference the control panel says Whelen on it lol.

JPINFV

Gadfly
One that works. On that note, I do like the silent test function of Whelen sirens. On that note, as with many other issues, it doesn't really matter since very few of us are going to decide company based on ambulance/siren/lights or have the ability to change it.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We just got a new Crestline and I have no idea what kind of siren is in the truck. However, it does sound kind of weird compared to the siren in the old truck (which was a Whelen, I think.)

But... It's loud, it works when I turn it on and sometimes people actually get out of the way by pulling to the right when they hear it.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
It's loud, it works when I turn it on and sometimes people actually get out of the way by pulling to the right when they hear it.

OMG, no way... that would make that the first siren on an ambo in history to actually do it's job correctly... even if it is just occasionally...^_^

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We just got a new Crestline and I have no idea what kind of siren is in the truck. However, it does sound kind of weird compared to the siren in the old truck (which was a Whelen, I think.)

But... It's loud, it works when I turn it on and sometimes people actually get out of the way by pulling to the right when they hear it.

I looked at it when I got in the truck this morning, specifically to answer this thread.

It's a Carson. THIS one.

Enjoy.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

Forum Captain
I looked at it when I got in the truck this morning, specifically to answer this thread.

It's a Carson. THIS one.

Enjoy.

It's a good siren. The mechanical feature on this siren is a good alternative to a real q-siren. Looks pretty easy to use too.

MrRevesz

Forum Crew Member
It's a good siren. The mechanical feature on this siren is a good alternative to a real q-siren. Looks pretty easy to use too.

At least it sounds a little more realistic then what Whelen claims to be "mechanical"

dmc2007

Forum Captain
I'm pretty sure we use Whelen. Whatever it is, it is loud and seems to work.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

Forum Captain
oh hahaha okay, can we please stop with the "it's loud, and it works" thing? It was funny the first time, after that not so much. I don't mean to sound like an a$$, but all I am asking is what type. I know yo are just trying to be funny, and I appreiate that, but let it die already, please.

-Cory-

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Ours services ambulance is a Crestline. As to what siren we use I have no idea all I know that it works when it's supposed to.