What kind of belt do you wear?

runninhot

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone. I was wondering what type of belt you wear? I am needing a reasonably priced duty belt that has good quality. I am sure this has been discussed before, but I could not find the thread. Any ideas?

cookiexd40

Forum Crew Member
lol....umm well i wear a black leather ****es belt i bought from walmart.....the only thing i carry is my radio...when i can find it usually have to use my partners...:blink:

Scout

Para-Noid
Brown leather 1" interlocking buckle.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I am needing a reasonably priced duty belt that has good quality.

I wear a standard uniform belt with a basketweave design. Not cheap to buy, but I've worn it nearly every day for over five years and it continues to last. Other that a few spots where the black has worn off, it looks as good as the day I purchased it.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I wear a standard uniform belt with a basketweave design. Not cheap to buy, but I've worn it nearly every day for over five years and it continues to last. Other that a few spots where the black has worn off, it looks as good as the day I purchased it.

Ditto. Quality belt.

Afflixion

Forum Captain
Blackhawk Rigger's Belt about 30 bucks good quality but don't think you'd need a riggers belt.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief

Ditto X 2. I'm actually on my second belt because, I've lost some weight, and the first just didn't fit....

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Blackhawk Rigger's Belt about 30 bucks good quality but don't think you'd need a riggers belt.

ditto

Need it for SAR only, but find myself wearing it everywhere... it looks cooler.

Afflixion

Forum Captain
hey hey not just SAR... jumping out of perfectly good helo's requires it too lol but yes it does look cooler.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
$17.95 at Target works well for me!

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
$20 belt I bought at Moore's Clothing. Wear it with everything but shorts (for that I have a fabric double D-ring belt...) :p

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
A nylon duty belt I got at Supply Sgt at West Edmonton Mall.

Think I've seen that belt, if it's the one I'm thinking of...

That store has got some pretty cool things in there.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
You looking for a belt that hold up your pants, or one that holds your equipment?

MRE

Forum Captain

I have one of these, but the webbing is too soft for my taste. Instead I have a Wilderness Instructor belt from Tactical Prod LLC (5 stitch model). It is thicker and heavier webbing than the Blackhawk and holds its shape better when carrying heavier items (leatherman, big radio, sidearm, etc.) It has the same buckle as the Blackhawk and is rated to be used to clip in on rigging, but it just has the buckle, not the second metal piece.

I believe it was about $50, and is avalable in 1" increments in length and in widths of 1.5" or 1.75".

I have had it for 3 years and wear it every day. Still looks and functions great.

Afflixion

Forum Captain
The second metal piece you speak of is what makes it useful for fast roping... That's what makes a riggers belt a riggers belt. clip a 'biner on there with a super-8 and your good to go...though your crotch suffers if your belt isn't tight enough we mostly use harnesses 'cept when we're on QRF and get a radioed out...

MRE

Forum Captain
The second metal piece you speak of is what makes it useful for fast roping... That's what makes a riggers belt a riggers belt. clip a 'biner on there with a super-8 and your good to go...though your crotch suffers if your belt isn't tight enough we mostly use harnesses 'cept when we're on QRF and get a radioed out...

Very true, I made a mistake in my last post though. I said the Wilderness has the same buckle as the Maxpedition. Instead of a separate point from the buckle to tie into, the Wilderness has a buckle with a space on one side for that purpose. So it is a riggers belt, I just didn't describe it correctly.

Have a look. Scroll down for the description.
http://store.thewilderness.com/prod...cts_id=1186&osCsid=refh5jrprvh38uud9mt1k572n2

Hal9000

Forum Captain
2 Years

I got a Walmart one that's held up for two years, and it was only $12. I also have a standard issue duty belt that is incompatible with my waist.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've been wearing the 5.11 rigger's belt. Nylon with a internal stiffener. It holds stuff really well... and I don't have any belt sag, no matter what is on the belt.