University of Antelope Valley medic program

UnderpaidEMT

Forum Ride Along
Im looking to start medic school soon, does anyone have any experience with UAVs medic program? Whats the quality of the instruction? Is it really worth the 16k tuition?
Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Im looking to start medic school soon, does anyone have any experience with UAVs medic program? Whats the quality of the instruction? Is it really worth the 16k tuition?
Any info is appreciated, thanks!

One of my coworkers just talked to me about it last week. It sounds new, like it just started. All he said was that class was two days a week and he was going to an orientation they had last Friday to find out more about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
does anyone have any experience with UAVs medic program?
Only from a handful of trainees I've precepted, and/ or paramedics I have worked alongside of.
Whats the quality of the instruction?
No firsthand clue, but my guess is: not stellar.
Is it really worth the 16k tuition?
Nope, no paramedic school as it stands now is. Go to a JC, get an associates degree with it, and save gobs of money. When you're done and ready, transition to your bachelors.

Also, the program is not new but if people think it is--to me--this sounds like a major red flag. If you're from the vestigial part of LA County (aka, Antelope Valley) check out Bakersfield College.

They have a paramedic program that offers an associates degree with completion. By, and large the better option with any paramedic school in this day and age.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Knew a medic from the program years ago. He couldn't pass the LA County paramedic accreditation exam in three tries. Our company let him work as an EMT. Don't know if he ever passed the exam. He wasn't a very strong paramedic and seemed like they didn't teach the course very well. The NREMT-P test pass rate wasn't that great either. My advice is stay away, they also had trouble keeping instructors back then.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Is it work $16k? No. Bakersfield College has a good program that costs about $2000 is probably better (because it's a year long) and you get an Associates Degree.

Ventura College has a really good program too, with proper prerequisites.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk