1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

UNIMED Quick Access Pak (Q.A. Pak)

Discussion in 'Ambulances and Equipment' started by CodeBru1984, Jan 7, 2019.

1. CodeBru1984

CodeBru1984 EMT

Education:
    EMT
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. Jim37F

Jim37F Forum Deputy Chief

Education:
    EMT
    Hmm, it looks very similar to a bag I used at a service a few years back, idk if it's the exact same make/model or not, but looks pretty darn similar.

I liked it as it was our BLS Bag, it was big enough to fit all our BLS gear. Oxygen, masks, cannula, v-vac suction, opa, npa, bandages (including the big bulky trauma dressing), tape, BP cuff and stethoscope, even a CPAP mask...
    Downside is that makes it bulky and a bit heavy. We always basically just left it on the gurney lol. It was easier for us because that was a fire based service so there was always an extra firefighter to help carry it once we were dealing with a patient.
    It was nice to have one bag that can handle all the basic calls (though we did still have a seperate, dedicated trauma bag), but was pretty bulky so I can see where a lot of people didn't like that..

Attached Files:

CodeBru1984 likes this.
  3. CodeBru1984

CodeBru1984 EMT

Education:
    EMT
    Jim,

Thanks, I sent you a PM regarding the bag and it’s setup.

-Bruce B.

4. ZombieEMT

ZombieEMT Chief Medical Zombie Premium Member

One of the agencies that I worked with used this as our bag prior to our current bag, the 5.11 BLS Responder. It was an okay bag, especially if just doing BLS. I would have liked a little more customization and durability, but overall pretty decent.

With all that being said. I don't like the price. I know several other trauma/o2 bags for similar or lower price that are built much better.

CodeBru1984 likes this.
  5. CodeBru1984

CodeBru1984 EMT

Education:
    EMT
    Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019