Forum Lieutenant
Felt like sharing this.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ILThtlB60[/YOUTUBE]

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
very well made indeed

subliminal1284

Forum Lieutenant
God why did they have to put that lame how to save a life song on there, I turned my speakers off as soon as it came on.

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
Nice, good one.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Here is my favorite by cartooninst, Paramedic and speaker Steve Berry.
I use this on my first and last night of EMT class. They will notice after clinicals and skills the difference in opinion and recognize treatments.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBoKorve6Cg[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I use this on my first and last night of EMT class. They will notice after clinicals and skills the difference in opinion and recognize treatments.

Very nice. Makes me want to enter the field even more.

Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Crew Member
Steve Berry rocks!

While the sentiment of the first video is cool, the second one in much more to my liking. I just can't feel anything for the choice of music in the first one.

A friend of mine once did an EMS video using "Everyday Superhero" by Smashmouth. It was pretty cool. I'll have to see if he ever put it on You-Tube.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBoKorve6Cg[/youtube]

Bon Jovi would beat The Fray's-you-know-what.

Will be singing this during p-school rides. Likely will refer to ambulance as "The Steel Horse," and myself as it's "Cowboy" from now on.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, the vast majority of the pictures in that video are of Pridemark. I rode with them during EMT school. Good agency.

B.K.

Forum Probie
haha
of course they would put that song i there.
very nice collection of pictures though

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
Bon Jovi would beat The Fray's-you-know-what.

Will be singing this during p-school rides. Likely will refer to ambulance as "The Steel Horse," and myself as it's "Cowboy" from now on.

And you would be rightfully shunned as a dork.

I don't really care for these homemade music videos normally. They tend to be kind of saccrine and cheesily done. But after looking at the ones posted here, and the related videos on Youtube, I came across this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEoEd0ef4_4&feature=related
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEoEd0ef4_4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I had never heard this song before, and near as I can tell it doesn't seem to have an official video. There are a TON of people that have made an attempt at some, and all but this one... Well, quite frankly, they suck. Like a Hoover. An overclocked Hoover. Industrial model.

But like I said, this one is actually pretty good. Whoever did this was actually pretty accurate in the depiction of EMS, I think, while making it cinematic too. The only real BIG errors I saw were the medics not clearing before shocking, but I think they made up for it with the spot about 2:03 in. The most realistic depiction of EMS I've seen in TV, movie, or any form of media out there:

A bunch of tired EMT's on the night shift, standing around looking half dead, slugging down coffee in an attempt to stay upright.

Edit: Just realized how screwy putting it in the little box makes the aspect ratio. All stretched to hell and back. I'd suggest actually going to the link and watching it AT YouTube. Still not great, but better than this.

Second Edit: Just realized why it looks so professionally done. The poster just took an an existing video and replaced the music with a much better song, as the one originally attached to it was just plain awful. A sonic assault on the brain. So yeah, it still works.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I had seen this video a while back as it was supposed to be a recruitment video. Sorry, I still don't like it. The music sucks. It maybe a Canada thing but most of the EMS I know does not allow beard, shaggy hair, sleeved tattos and running to and from the ambulance or have family members in the back of the rig.

Just a difference in opinion. Something I would not use to illustrate professionalism.

R/r 911

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
I had seen this video a while back as it was supposed to be a recruitment video. Sorry, I still don't like it. The music sucks. It maybe a Canada thing but most of the EMS I know does not allow beard, shaggy hair, sleeved tattos and running to and from the ambulance or have family members in the back of the rig.

Just a difference in opinion. Something I would not use to illustrate professionalism.

R/r 911

I would agree with you to a certain extent. Those guys do look pretty... rough. But they are just actors, and the original video was from death-metal thing.

But I have seen folks with that kind of a look. I myself have a goatee and a shaved head.

disneyland301.jpg

Oh, and I'm kind of tubby.

I guess I don't care that much, so long as you're competent. I wouldn't want people showing up with a million tattoos and piercings, but a little bit of shaggy hair and some sideburns would be the least of my concern. It's the style these days, and I guess I've become desensitized to it and it doesn't bother me much anymore.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
I guess I don't care that much, so long as you're competent. I wouldn't want people showing up with a million tattoos and piercings, but a little bit of shaggy hair and some sideburns would be the least of my concern. It's the style these days, and I guess I've become desensitized to it and it doesn't bother me much anymore.

Would piercings and tatoos be a sign that someone is incapable of doing their job?

I dont care who shows up or what they look like as long can conpetently handle the aspects of their job.

judging people based on appearence is history we dont want to repeat.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Would piercings and tatoos be a sign that someone is incapable of doing their job?

I dont care who shows up or what they look like as long can conpetently handle the aspects of their job.

judging people based on appearance is history we dont want to repeat.

Sorry, but it's done all the time. Remember, first impressions are lasting. A recent news documentary described that there is a 20% increase of tattoo removal this past year. When asked why; most replied because of the economy and those that want a higher paying position have recognized professional positions may not allow them.

We have a "no show" tattoo policy. In other words, if your tattoo will be seen while wearing the normal uniform. The same as wearing facial piercings.

Professional image is part of our business. Just alike television personalities, and many more professions.

You may not care, I many not even care; but the public does. And they are the ones that pay for our services.

R/r 911

Medic744

Forum Captain
I ran across the Thrice song a while back and then the video, granted the actors arerough looking I know quite a few medics with full sleeve tattoos that work with them showing, The hair not so much but one guy I worked with looked like a mountain man most of the time.