Training Officer Request for Help

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey guys...I have opportunity to help an agency with the development of a Training Officer Role. Would any of you be willing to email me the job description your organization uses for this established position? I want to see things I may not have considered and poach some as well. This is a smaller, rural organization, and regardless of that, I think your size department for this role will not impact the description too much.

Yes, I can google and find this. I am coming to those of you I have known and interacted with over the years who have been in the role or have one in their department that is working out very well or have identified things that do not work well. Anyone who wants to share, let me know and if you want to email it as opposed to posting here, send me a PM for my personal email.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Honestly, this job is so variably different at every agency, a job description won’t help you much. In some places the training officer is responsible for maintaining credentials. In other places the training officer is responsible for developing quality improvement. In other places, the training officer is expected to do nothing but teach classes and all the paperwork is done by administration. You just have to decide what you want this position to be, then we can probably help you out

OP
OP
akflightmedic

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
As I tried to say, I know what I want it to be and what it needs to be. I don't want to reinvent the entire wheel here and am seeking to borrow phrases, descriptions, formatting, etc. I will adapt it all after the fact. Maybe that helps with why I am asking for existing scopes from various areas. I will be fine with what I receive. Not a newbie here ya know...LOL.