Tivo

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Does anyone have a TiVO? Do you like it? Would you recommend it?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Got it.

See if your cable provider can make you a deal. TIVO has limitations. A DVR is a DVR. I have a nice VCR you can buy....

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
See if your cable provider can make you a deal. TIVO has limitations. A DVR is a DVR. I have a nice VCR you can buy....

What's a VCR? :p

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Whippersnappers

<_<.............

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Haha.

Hotel, I don't have Tivo specifically, but I do have a DVR through Charter. I like it, you can set it to record series or individual shows as well as the whole pause/rewind of live TV. You can fast forward through commercials if your behind the live feed but not ahead of it. Ours lets us record 2 channels at a time either to the memory or just for instant rewind.

BrushBunny91

Forum Lieutenant
Dvr is great way to go.
VCR... Isn't that what old people use to watch they're weddings with?

Pseudonymous

Forum Crew Member
I've had both a normal DVR, and Tivo. They really are great. With tivo, there are a lot more features that not everyone will use, but the ability to pause and rewind live TV, as well as record and save TV shows and movies from any channel is.. well, I can't imagine life without it.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Grrr... my parents are finally getting a DVR system (AT&T U-verse) and upgrading to 12 mb/sec... from 1.5 mb/sec. :D

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I had one of the early tivos and loved it. Buddy has the new one and it's awesome too. Nice thing is he moves a lot and can just take it with him. Works with any cable system and he doesn't have to pay for premium cable packages or rent a DVR thru cable company.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
DVR is fantastic... that +netflix is pretty much ideal