the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Tired to pick up a shift today or tomorrow but no luck. Looks like I'm missing out on DT pay.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Got off work this morning. Hope everyone has a great turkey day! I work again tomorrow. Too bad I don't get holiday pay for that too.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Got off work this morning. Hope everyone has a great turkey day! I work again tomorrow. Too bad I don't get holiday pay for that too.

You don't get holiday pay for Black Friday?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Happy Thanksgiving to all my family, friends and extended brothers-and-sisters-in-uniform, stay safe whether your uniform is camouflage and you're downrange in Afghanistan, or whether your uniform is blue with a badge waiting for that call for help to go racing down the streets, (even if it is just for a stubbed toe ;) stay safe and we'll save you plenty of leftovers!

Last edited by a moderator:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Broke my streak of working Thanksgiving cardiac arrests, but brought in a STEMI alert instead. Hopefully a much happier ending with this one than the others.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Broke my streak of working Thanksgiving cardiac arrests, but brought in a STEMI alert instead. Hopefully a much happier ending with this one than the others.

I heard that. Good on you. I enjoyed turkey with the family and friends. Dispatched for a call during pumpkin pie. However, the supervisor was closer and he covered it. Awesomeness.

Pretty good day. My third thanksgiving here. Feels like just yesterday.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Started our day out with a full arrest. Yay. Not.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Haven't heard that one in a long time. Made me laugh.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
First time I can recall hearing it..

However, I heard the infamous turkey song by Adam Sandler today.

Had the day off first turkey day off in about 2 years. It was part of a deal to get New Years Eve Off. So I have to Work Christmas Eve & Christmas Night,

I also made the mistake of having to run to Walmart much to my protest, avoided the stampede. and made it out alive.

Now I sit and enjoy the Thanksgiving Day Football festivities. :) Not a fan of any team that played today but its all good.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I was scheduled to roll over onto another rig this morning. When I got to my new station the boss told me to go home, spend the day with my family, and come back for what should be the three busiest days of the desert season.

I'll report back as to whether or not this was a good thing on Monday morning, :rofl:

Anjel

Forum Angel
I went to Walmart and Target.

I stood in line for an hour to get my husband Madden 25 for $25 bucks lol looking back it doesn't seem worth it.

Walmart was more calm, but we also didn't go there until 3 hours after the sale ended.

Crazy crazy people I tell ya!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief

I stood in line for an hour to get my husband Madden 25 for $25 bucks lol looking back it doesn't seem worth it.

Walmart was more calm, but we also didn't go there until 3 hours after the sale ended.

Amazon is your friend these days. They have almost all that on sale for the same prices.
Last year I had an extra bit of money this time of year, so I bought about $3,000 worth of stuff (4 laptops, 2 tvs, a PS3, 360, etc...) and turned around and sold it all for $5,500 after the holidays, haha. Bought it all on Amazon, too.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief

25 bucks for Madden 25?? WTH, I usually get the Madden Games on the release Dates I need to learn to hold back a bit :)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
There was traffic at 0500 this morning on my way to work...

People are crazy.

Anjel, Madden 25 is badass!

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
anybody get any good freebees at work yesterday? we had something like 14 pies donated to us.

Our day shift ate/took all the donated meals from the local church. We showed up at 1700 assuming we'd have some sort of food... Disappointing, but we had our own small potluck.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Our agency caters a full dinner for us at different times throughout the day. We play radio bingo to decide the order of how rigs get cycled through.

I was at my Dad's dinner...then double dipped and went to Mom's dinner. Never thought I'd be happy my parents divorced :p

I got an 80% discount on my breakfast the day before thanksgiving "since you have to work so close to the holidays." Wait...aren't you working too?? Lol

Last edited by a moderator: