the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
We do the same thing with the same box, Angel. We have 2 on the truck.

I love having a paramedic student from out of the area who doesn't know the secret about getting it open. For whatever reason, that's always good for a stupid laugh.

Haha I was that student at one point. It's tricky lol

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
RAA is awesome. They have some small issues, but for the most part are really what they advertise themselves to be. The authority is financially strong as well.

I have experience in that system and have many friends there. They are right next door to us, too. Do it. You won't regret it.

I put in for Wake County, NC and am applying for Durham County too... RAA is my next application lol. And possibly DE if I can figure out something from my driving record (stupid suspension for 'non-payment' of ticket)

EMT B

Forum Captain
I think I want to start keeping little bead necklaces or stuffed animals with me on the truck to give to pedis...anyone else do this? I'm thinking it will come in handy as a distraction, especially during painful procedures both in the ambulance and in the hospital.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
a8etydy2.jpg

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Lucky ^
I've always wanted to go snowboarding or skiing, just never happened. I've never even seen snow, except for the one rare occurrence when it snowed in Phoenix like 15 years ago when I was 3. ha

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Lucky ^
I've always wanted to go snowboarding or skiing, just never happened. I've never even seen snow, except for the one rare occurrence when it snowed in Phoenix like 15 years ago when I was 3. ha

It's overrated lol

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Who just met Gunnery Sergeant Hartman? This guy. :cool: Mr Ermey is as intimidating as ever! :lol:

terrible one

Always wandering
Who just met Gunnery Sergeant Hartman? This guy. :cool: Mr Ermey is as intimidating as ever! :lol:

My dad (retired USMC mst. Gun. Sgt) knows him. He actually had him sign my copy of full metal jacket.

CFal

Forum Captain
You can clearly see Craig trip prior to making contact with Middlebrooks and then push him down, terrible call to end the game.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
You can clearly see Craig trip prior to making contact with Middlebrooks and then push him down, terrible call to end the game.
That game started ugly and ended uglier.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Off scene time of a working arrest: 8 minutes. When the fire department rushes it turns into a very :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty call.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Out conducting a Craigslist deal with my partner...he's buying a wooden spinning wheel. Hopefully we don't get a call, this thing is huge.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Had a patient presenting with hepatic encephalopathy today. Actually a pretty cool case, and I learned a lot about it that I didn't know prior to the call.

JPINFV

Gadfly
This weekend's lessons on the importance of seat belts.
A 14 year old with a bleed in her brain.
A 20 something with an unstable neck fracture, no neuro deficits so far.
A 20 something with a spinal cord injury at T4 who can't feel or move his legs.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
This afternoon my brother and I went to a friend's house for some archery practice. My brother sees our mom driving by on her way home from work, so we both wave. She turns around, pulls over and asks what we're doing. I say "shooting", while at the same time our friend gives a sheepish little "nothing..."

It was his archery range...

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just got called an arrogant prick by some of my coworkers. I told them flattery will get them nowhere ;)