the 100% directionless thread

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Who let Mr Brown back in here?

Brown just chatted up the receptionist and she let Brown back in. Don't mind Brown, just came across a post in a Google search for something for work. Brown is just here for the mental health benefits of something completely unrelated to anything that Brown is now involved in.

You know, I have no idea how I even came up with that name. Obviously, it is a character from Quentin Tarintino's Resiviour Dogs but I do not think I have actually ever seen that in full so it can't be that. I presume it was because my mate who was an ambo used to work on the brown shift (they are coloured: red, blue, brown, and green). But I honestly can't remember and it's so long ago it is not important.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Brown just chatted up the receptionist and she let Brown back in. Don't mind Brown, just came across a post in a Google search for something for work. Brown is just here for the mental health benefits of something completely unrelated to anything that Brown is now involved in.

You know, I have no idea how I even came up with that name. Obviously, it is a character from Quentin Tarintino's Resiviour Dogs but I do not think I have actually ever seen that in full so it can't be that. I presume it was because my mate who was an ambo used to work on the brown shift (they are coloured: red, blue, brown, and green). But I honestly can't remember and it's so long ago it is not important.
Are you still a pathological liar and sociopath? If so, you can pop right off again.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you still a pathological liar and sociopath? If so, you can pop right off again.

Certainly not! My earlier explanation on that point was already advanced here https://emtlife.com/threads/brown-from-the-dead.47776/

Oh, and if you were wondering; was Brown ever a Paramedic? The answer is no. What you would call an "enhanced" First Responder in a private setting is it (oxygen, IM adrenaline, salbutamol, etc). Most of what Brown knows comes either from university or long ago teaching Brownself. One of Brown's mates was an ambo plus Brown's other mate worked in Control. But gosh, that was a decade or more ago now, ancient history and a lifetime ago almost it seems Brown is so far removed from anything to do with that.

I was looking for a copy of an HDC report for work and the form of words I searched for showed up somebody mentioning it here. I could not resist having a look. I have been working 50+ hours a week (often across 6 to 7 days) living and breathing huge amounts of dense and murky information all on the same (or near the same) thing. I am sick of it. I need a distraction. Popping on here and dredging up a bit of knowledge from the past and thinking about something different is very therapeutic. It's ironic, I skipped out on med because I didn't want to be an overworked House Officer, and I am basically working as if I am one. Just no PR exams involved thank goodness! Oh, and of course ... suxamethonium. Because no post from Brown is complete without saying suxamethonium 😅

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Waked out of the house to go to work this morning and found my bunker gear in the street. Either forgot or inadvertently unlocked my truck and someone was able to pry the tailgate underneath my locked topper. They only took my Mountainsmith paramedic man-satchel, that doing the math had about 700 dollars worth of crap in it to include the bag itself. They rifled through the back seat but also took nothing.

Hope they're happy, years worth of work memories gone for stuff I doubt they could even pawn. Probably just in a dumpster somewhere

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Waked out of the house to go to work this morning and found my bunker gear in the street. Either forgot or inadvertently unlocked my truck and someone was able to pry the tailgate underneath my locked topper. They only took my Mountainsmith paramedic man-satchel, that doing the math had about 700 dollars worth of crap in it to include the bag itself. They rifled through the back seat but also took nothing.

Hope they're happy, years worth of work memories gone for stuff I doubt they could even pawn. Probably just in a dumpster somewhere
Bummer. I feel your pain.
Got my truck broken into three times.
Last one, I caught him running off.

I won that one…

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Bummer. I feel your pain.
Got my truck broken into three times.
Last one, I caught him running off.

I won that one…
The developer has security cameras, I asked nicely if they would be of help. They said no. So now they can deal with PD instead of me. I don't expect much here, but it be nice to see who it was so if we have more issues at least the cops will be on it.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
The developer has security cameras, I asked nicely if they would be of help. They said no. So now they can deal with PD instead of me. I don't expect much here, but it be nice to see who it was so if we have more issues at least the cops will be on it.
I hate when people bogart their footage. Hope he gets ID’d. Sorry for your loss. First time they bagged my bag with keys and files, and a 6k handheld.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
@Tigger I am really sorry to hear that mate. Probably opportunistic thief(ves) seeking something to flogg off for coin. Reminds me of a guy that mate was up for a bit ago as I was waiting. A guy who nicked a young woman's handbag for a couple bucks and it had a bunch of sentimental things in it. Pointless and stupid.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Back at work after only working 5 days last month has me wondering if I still remember how to do my job.

CALEMT

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I live at work.

CALEMT

On paper you do. Your reality has always looked more like 96/24 the way you've talked about how often you get held.

Touché lol

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently me and the other guy on my Engine seeded a little karma... at our Dept Storeroom yesterday he traded in his boots for a new pair (the Haix station boots that we also use with our Brush Gear) and we both traded in our old Brush gloves for new ones...

Yeah we ended up on a 4 hr multi company Brush Fire (at 2200... till 0130...) last night to break them all in lol