Texas paramedic schooling

rpal1211

Forum Ride Along
Anybody have any recommendations for paramedic school in the Garland/Dallas area? I'd like a place with reasonable school hours and solid teaching, but I'm not sure were to start. The school I got my EMT-B cert from was good for the basics, but I've only heard bad things about the paramedic class. Richland offers a course, but didn't know if it was worth a damn.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Anybody have any recommendations for paramedic school in the Garland/Dallas area? I'd like a place with reasonable school hours and solid teaching, but I'm not sure were to start. The school I got my EMT-B cert from was good for the basics, but I've only heard bad things about the paramedic class. Richland offers a course, but didn't know if it was worth a damn.

EMTS is a pretty good school from what i hear, brookhaven has a good program and you can get college credit for it, just depends on what instructor you get. collin county is really good also. don't know anything about richlands program.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
By the Richland course I assume you're speaking of EMTS? If so I'm in that program right now. It's primary instructor is a Richland medic of almost 30 years.

I'm loving it, and I've only heard good about it from others before I even went to it. It's a shorter course then at a college (11 months) but does well at teaching tge material, and has good locations for clinicals such as Dallad childrens and Medical City Mckinney.

Their next medic class starts in September, but it's a day class. I think my class is the only night class till we graduate in March. Usually 20-30 students in the class.

If this is the one you're speaking of, hit me up with any questions you may have.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I lied, they start a new night class in January--- 6-10pm

They run classes based on a fire department schedule, 2 days a week, meaning A, B, or C shifts. One week you'll have class Wednesday and Saturday, next week is Tuesday and Friday, etc etc

OP
OP
R

rpal1211

Forum Ride Along
I lied, they start a new night class in January--- 6-10pm

They run classes based on a fire department schedule, 2 days a week, meaning A, B, or C shifts. One week you'll have class Wednesday and Saturday, next week is Tuesday and Friday, etc etc

That scheduale is perfect, just what I was looking for. I was planning on taking the day class anyway, January is too far away. If you could send me a link to the main page so I can check it out a little more I'd appreciate it.