Terrorism and Insurance

Pond Life

Forum Crew Member
Hi all,
We had another incident England the other day. sad to hear that two Americans died in this one on Westminster Bridge, my thoughts are with their family at this time.
It did get me thinking though - about insurance on terrorist incidents.

These two lovely people were celebrating their 25 wedding anniversary and I wondered if their insurance covered death or injury as a result of a terrorist incident. Many UK insurance policies have a disclaimer for terrorism.

That led me onto thinking what about us? EMTs and Paramedics who go into such incidents and get injured, die or suffer long term ailments as a consequence of a terrorist incident. Are we (you) absolutely sure that your mortgage company and life assurance e covers you for this? I found out today that mine wasn't up until now. I spoke to the lady from my mortgage company and the have now underwritten me,

cheers

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'd be covered through my employer at work...but I also work for a county third service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm also covered through my employer for dismemberment and death while on duty.

My supplemental life insurance covers pretty much everything except suicide.

When I financed my truck I got a policy that in the event I die (for whatever reason) my truck gets fully paid off and my parents are left with the truck to keep or sale.

OP
OP
Pond Life

Pond Life

Forum Crew Member
Some insurance policies make terrorist incidents an exception here in the UK.
http://www.express.co.uk/travel/art...errorism-and-terrorist-attacks-bought-by-many

Australia is similar and regard terrorism in the same light as act of war.
https://www.comparetravelinsurance....ce-tips/does-travel-insurance-cover-terrorism

It seems that you now have to specify you want terrorism insurance

On similar lines - we had an incident in the UK many years ago were a helicopter went down and the paramedic was killed. The mortgage company didn't pay out to his wife as he didn't specify to them he was a paramedic on a helicopter.