Supporting young aspiring EMT's

MURICAN HEROES

Forum Ride Along
We should all support the kids aspiring to become EMT's and help people they are under age to become certified but they devote a lot of there time into training so that when they can join a squad they will have all the training they need.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If they're underage they have more important things to worry about. They dint need to become an emt before 18.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Really? And what kind of support do they need?

A nurturing and supportive person who will give them everything they ever wanted without having to work for it... like answers to all their homework and tests.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
IMG_2125.GIF

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
A nurturing and supportive person who will give them everything they ever wanted without having to work for it... like answers to all their homework and tests.
upload_2016-9-27_22-58-57.png

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
emscadets
We should all support the kids aspiring to become EMT's and help people they are under age to become certified but they devote a lot of there time into training so that when they can join a squad they will have all the training they need.

I support the funding of bettering public school education so those young aspiring students do not try to gain employment in a healthcare related field with no knowledge of coherent sentence structure, poor spelling, lack of punctuation and overall poor grammar like yourself!

Last edited:

AllGoode

Forum Probie
I support the funding of bettering public school education so those young aspiring students do not try to gain employment in a healthcare related field with no knowledge of coherent sentence structure, poor spelling, lack of punctuation and overall poor grammar like yourself!
Joining EMS, I knew I'd be seeing some crazy and messed up stuff. Nothing could have possibly prepared me for this level of savagery, though

pogoemt

Forum Crew Member

ODIE

Forum Probie
If they're underage they have more important things to worry about. They dint need to become an emt before 18.

And who are you to judge at what age someone should be allowed to become an EMT........? Youth is not and will never be a handicap.:mad:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
And who are you to judge at what age someone should be allowed to become an EMT........? Youth is not and will never be a handicap.:mad:

Triggered...

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
i think transport was trying to say they have things to do such as be a kid... Graduate high school, set themselves up for a future **including EMS if they so choose**.
**i am by no means speaking for TransportJockey, just stating my personal opinion/interpretation.**

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Eh i just happen to agree with the majority of states that require you to be at least 18 to obtain your basic certification. And btw, when it comes to findinh work, youth is most definitely a handicap. Most insurance companies will not want to insure a driver for an emergency vehicle that is under 21

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
i think transport was trying to say they have things to do such as be a kid... Graduate high school, set themselves up for a future **including EMS if they so choose**.
**i am by no means speaking for TransportJockey, just stating my personal opinion/interpretation.**
Pretty much. Plus a little life experience goes a long way, as does some extra years behind the wheel, since in a lot of places, the emt is the primary driver

ODIE

Forum Probie
I'm not saying this about you , but some folks here in this forum really like to push other peoples buttons....... I will always be an advocate for any one wo wants to be involved in EMS. It seems so many people are afraid of someone new coming into this profession to take their place, that at any cost they will discourage them from capturing their dream. TO EVERYONE : this is not high school no one is plotting to take away your career or steal your thunder. Grow up.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
It seems so many people are afraid of someone new coming into this profession to take their place, that at any cost they will discourage them from capturing their dream.
I dont think this is true, i would refer to the paramedic shortage thread. I personally believe some folks on here just speak their mind, which is needed at times.
But! I thank you for taking the respectful approach sir, i appreciate it.

ODIE

Forum Probie
Eh i just happen to agree with the majority of states that require you to be at least 18 to obtain your basic certification. And btw, when it comes to findinh work, youth is most definitely a handicap. Most insurance companies will not want to insure a driver for an emergency vehicle that is under 21

I'm not just talking about paid positions I'm talking about volunteer positions.......