Starting a Blog

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
I am thinking of starting a blog. Anyone have any tips on what site to use or how to start? It’s not going to be themed I don’t think, just wanting to experiment for now.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Personally, I'm happy with Wordpress, but I never really looked at anything else.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
What do you use for hosting? I am decent with computers but the best. Any advice on how to start up?

It's actually rather easy through Wordpress -- they have tutorials and whatnot. As far as how you handle content there's lots of free info, Just Google it!

To see how it's being done in the EMS world, check out http://www.emsblogs.com

JPINFV

Gadfly
What do you use for hosting? I am decent with computers but the best. Any advice on how to start up?
Wordpress offers both a standalone blog maker ("wordpress.org") as well as an integrated free hosting service ("wordpress.com").

OP
OP
EMSDude54343

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks Guys. Im trying im trying to do all this while in between dispatching and taking calls, so im not getting too much of a good look at the wordpress site or any other.
I'll be able to get through the tutorials and do some more google searching when I get home. Was just wanting to pick some of the great minds on here that blog on how they do it.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Blogit

Small monthly fee, and you can make a little money if enough fellow bloggers read your stuff. Very easy, but a little primative.