Southeast Texas (Houston Metro) Jobs available

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hey guys, the agency I work for is short 6 positions (EMT/EMT-I/Paramedic), and we are adding another truck in the next month (which means 8 more positions). We are a county third service under the county health district.
Current schedule is 24/24/24/96, set days every week. After spring semester we are going to be going to a 4x12 schedule, which they are working on.
Good protocols, great administration, great crews. Good equipment and we work with a great set of hospitals in our area. Coverage area consists or suburban, urban, and rural EMS, and we are the largest EMS agency in our county.
911 trucks do occasional transfers, and transfer trucks run backup for our 911 (6 911, 7th coming next month, and 2 transfer).
Pay is average, with a 12-17% raise (depending on level) coming when we switch shifts, along with shift diff and experience/cert pay. Great TCDRS pension, and pretty good benefits.
http://www.gchd.org/ambulance-services/about-ambulance-services
Any questions, let me know.

Last edited:

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Another department I would be interested if I wasn't flying.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Hey guys, the agency I work for is short 6 positions (EMT/EMT-I/Paramedic), and we are looking at adding another truck in the next month (which means 8 more positions). We are a county third service under the county health district.
Current schedule is 24/24/24/96, set days every week. After spring semester we are going to be going to a 4x12 schedule, which they are working on.
Good protocols, great administration, great crews. Good equipment and we work with a great set of hospitals in our area. Coverage area consists or suburban, urban, and rural EMS, and we are the largest EMS agency in our county.
911 trucks do occasional transfers, and transfer trucks run backup for our 911 (6 911, 7th coming next month, and 2 transfer).
Pay is average, with a 12-17% raise (depending on level) coming when we switch shifts, along with shift diff and experience/cert pay. Great TCDRS pension, and pretty good benefits.
http://www.gchd.org/ambulance-services/about-ambulance-services
Any questions, let me know.

Man. I'd be down for that. I heard the newest team captain is a **** though.

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Man. I'd be down for that. I heard the newest team captain is a **** though.
He's an annoying hard ***, everyone hates him lol

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
LJEMS has the potential to be an amazing service, not just one that seems good from the outside. lol
Right now GEMS also has the potential. A lot of us are waiting to see what happens in yhr next 9 months

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Nathan is doing amazing things at GEMS. Y'all have me tempted still lol.

With that being said, red is a good color and I am liking it so far.
Good to know. Man, you all, along with @chaz90, continue to give me food for thought in regards to going back to doing ground work...some day.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Good to know. Man, you all, along with @chaz90, continue to give me food for thought in regards to going back to doing ground work...some day.
Or just come fly here and be an equal with your nurse [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Or just come fly here and be an equal with your nurse [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, in all fairness, our program's unspoken rule of thumb if pretty much the RN runs the IFT's, the paramedic runs the scene calls.

Texas definitely does have some solid options though, as does Delaware (see: Sussex).

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
We have prehospital blood transfusions.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
We have prehospital blood transfusions.
As in your agency carries O neg for scene/ 911 calls?

And if so, who's your guys' blood bank provider? What's y'allz average ETA's to the ED's? And how often is this protocol being implemented?

RocKetamine

Forum Crew Member
As in your agency carries O neg for scene/ 911 calls?

And if so, who's your guys' blood bank provider? What's y'allz average ETA's to the ED's? And how often is this protocol being implemented?

From what I understand their supervisor vehicles are stocked with plasma and blood and they used it within the first 6 hours of implementation. Being in Houston I'd assume their bank is the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center. Not too familiar with transport times but being in north harris county it's a good 20+ minutes to get to the med center where the trauma centers are.

https://ccemsnews.com/2016/08/25/another-lifesaving-first-for-cypress-creek-ems/

RocketMedic

Si. I'm told it has 14 uses in the last month.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
From what I understand their supervisor vehicles are stocked with plasma and blood and they used it within the first 6 hours of implementation. Being in Houston I'd assume their bank is the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center. Not too familiar with transport times but being in north harris county it's a good 20+ minutes to get to the med center where the trauma centers are.

https://ccemsnews.com/2016/08/25/another-lifesaving-first-for-cypress-creek-ems/
Kudos to them for their forward thinking. I am impressed and pleased to see they're doing the 1:1 PRBC's: FFP as well, though my understanding is this is now the common practice; certainly not in the prehospital environment aside from some of the more forward thinking HEMS programs.

Hopefully this continues to prove its worth in the prehospital setting, and more importantly, has a positive effect on the patients and communities that they serve. Setting the bar this way is always a step in the right direction to me.

RocketMedic

I heard whole blood is next. They transfused at least one person today (drivers training, heard them call for a sup for blood)

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I wish we could get something as cool as blood... but we are way too close to UTMB and CLRMC for that... but we did just get a new truck lol
079e9506ff9b8f7c9a68309d557d05fe.jpg

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I wish we could get something as cool as blood... but we are way too close to UTMB and CLRMC for that... but we did just get a new truck lol
079e9506ff9b8f7c9a68309d557d05fe.jpg

That paint scheme looks very familiar...

RocketMedic

I like it. Frazier does make a good-looking rig.