Sonoma County/NorCal Question

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I see that Sonoma Life Support is contracted out to AMR and that AMR has some operations in Napa, Stanislaus, etc, but I have questions.

I know Falck is Alameda County, but what is Verihealth/Falck Petaluma? Did they take the 911 contract for Medocino County/Ukiah, or is it that Medstar non-profit?

Basically, I am looking at moving to Santa Rosa, and need information and advice. So far, I'm looking at staying on that side of the world, but I am also considering commuting down to Alameda County if needed.

Looking for a place with at least some 911 in most cases.

Thanks!

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
The one thats always intrigued me is the hospital based one out of Mendocino County, i dont know if they hire frequently, but it looks like a good spot. www.mcdh.org

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Last I checked, Falck/Verihealth was interfacility transfer in Petaluma/Sonoma. They might do backup 9-1-1 or do some 9-1-1 up North, but I don't think within Sonoma/Petaluma. If you want 9-1-1, AMR/Sonoma Life Support is where you want to go. I worked with some people who used to work there, and I heard some good things about it. I don't know if it has changed in the past half decade.