Skin tight duty gloves? 5.11s have holes from 4 wks use.

Phlipper

Forum Lieutenant
I've been trying to find a durable pair of skin tight duty gloves that are thin enough I can put latex/nitrile on over them but will last longer than a month. I loved the fit and feel of the 5.11 Second Skins, put after four weeks that included maybe four work shifts and one three-gun match, there are already holes in two of the fingertips on each hand. Pathetic. The leather has worn right thru already.

Anyone know of a durable, skin-tight pair of gloves that are thin enough to wear nitrile glovers over and allow full tactile sensitivity, but will last longer than the Second Skins? I don't care how much they cost either. Sick of replacing worn out leather gloves every three or four months. :angry:

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
For my own clarification, you wear a pair of leathers at all times and slip nitrile gloves over when making pt contact??

Wow! Sorry I can not help, but I am curious...

Oiball

Forum Probie
http://www.nomexgloves.com/

I don't know if these would work for you, but it's the first thing I thought of when you mentioned tight gloves with decent tactile characteristics. They have leather palms and stretchy nomex backs.

Oi

OP
OP
P

Phlipper

Forum Lieutenant
Yep. When it's cold out like it has been lately (we had a high with WC of 5 degrees one day this week) I wear them when outside a lot. XL gloves slip right on over them. They're thin enough it's almost like having two pairs of nitriles on. The downside is that gloves that thin are not going to last long. But there has to be something more durable than the 5.11s. Gonna try the Hatch next if something else doesn't come up.

Thanks for the link on the Nomex. Some of my shooting buds wear something similar. I might dig around to see if I can try some on somewhere to see if they're tight enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

b2dragun

Forum Crew Member
When I need them I use Mechanix gloves. I put gloves over them, can start iv's, pretty much everything with them. They are only $20

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I went with shooting gloves back in my truck days.

But I never put gloves on over them. I just used them for scene sort of stuff and keeping my hands warm.

Last edited by a moderator: