Seasonal EMT employment

Phil2003

Forum Ride Along
Hello my name is Phillip Varnedoe. I am interested in becoming an EMT. I don't plan on going into the medical field as a career, but the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment while helping someone during the worst day of their life is incredibly attractive to me. Not to mention the skills that such training would give me, seem immensely important. I am currently in my senior year of high school and would complete my certification by the summer. Would companies be willing to hire me in light of my seasonal employment? I would be able to work over winter and summer break. Thanks a ton!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Theme parks and attractions often hire seasonal employees. For example, Hershey Park hires EMTs to work in the park and most people do it just for the free tickets.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Would companies be willing to hire me in light of my seasonal employment? I would be able to work over winter and summer break. Thanks a ton!
I know of several places that hire seasonal EMTs; Theme parks, concert venues, sporting arenas, and the companies that provide EMS services to them would be at the top of my life. however, I don't know many that will hire someone with no experience for a seasonal position.

Now if you complete your EMT course over the summer, get hired somewhere part time, and the are ok with you working on the weekends or a night shift while in school, that is much more likely. If I could do it all over again, I would have worked on getting a part time EMS job in college, instead of working on campus and volunteering for my school's EMS agency.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Moved to appropriate forum