San Francisco FD

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Anybody else testing for SFFD H3 paramedic next week? Was expecting a packet or something with some idea of what to expect... be it there local protocols or whatever but never received anything. Called today to confirm and the FD person said it will just be general knowledge similiar to the NREMT. Anyways if anyone else is testing ill be testing on the 11th maybe we can all hook up for a unwinding beer afterwards

Corky

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah I'll be flying up there to take it next week. I never received anything either apart from the confirmation and other emails.

They kind of dropped the ball with the Entry Level test a few months ago, though. Their announcement said it wasn't going to be until September, but then one day I happened to be perusing their site and suddenly the filing period had ended in August! I never received any sort of email notification despite being in their system. So, now I'm a bit leery as to whether or not I've been informed of everything I need to be...

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
I was expecting something in the mail as well. The only thing there is to study is what's provided on the site.

Scriptor

Forum Probie
Trauma?

Just watch Trauma, thats all you need to know about being a medic for SFFD. And if you see Rabbit shake his hand for me.

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey, how'd everybody's test go?

OP
OP
DrankTheKoolaid

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

Went well i think, i was in the 12-11 1230 test group. 90 percent of it was straight forward thoughtless stuff, the other 10 percent you actually had to think about is how i felt about it. Will find out in a month or so i guess when results come out.

Nowhere near as many new hires as originally thought. The proctor said around 450 of us testing and only ~20 position to be filled this cycle.

G'luck to whoever else tested though. Was actually pretty interesting to find out where alot of the test takers had flown in from though.

Corky