Riggs Ambulance, merced

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
I know there are a couple threads on Riggs ambulance but they all are a couple years old. I applied for a emt job there and was seeing if anyone that works there can give some input on the company? Pay, experience, management, shift schedule, ext... Thanks.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I know there are a couple threads on Riggs ambulance but they all are a couple years old. I applied for a emt job there and was seeing if anyone that works there can give some input on the company? Pay, experience, management, shift schedule, ext... Thanks.
WOW haven't heard about them on here in a long time. Small company. I beleive 24s,48s etc. The pay is not going to be as good as Hall but close.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

They're owned by SEMSA now, who I believe also co-owns REMSA in NV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
They're owned by SEMSA now, who I believe also co-owns REMSA in NV.

Not entirely true.

Sierra Medical Services Alliance was created when the CEO of Regional Ambulance Services Inc (who is the contractor contracted by REMSA in Reno, NV and also owned and operated SEMSA) left REMSA/RASI and started his own company, SMSA. SMSA operates Lassen Ambulance Service (Known as SEMSA) and then bought out Riggs. Prior to SMSA REMSA/RASI provided management to Riggs. Now Riggs is owned and operated by SMSA.

It's a giant convoluted system.

Not entirely true.

Sierra Medical Services Alliance was created when the CEO of Regional Ambulance Services Inc (who is the contractor contracted by REMSA in Reno, NV and also owned and operated SEMSA) left REMSA/RASI and started his own company, SMSA. SMSA operates Lassen Ambulance Service (Known as SEMSA) and then bought out Riggs. Prior to SMSA REMSA/RASI provided management to Riggs. Now Riggs is owned and operated by SMSA.

It's a giant convoluted system.

Apparently my information is somewhat incorrect, and outdated... My apologies.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Apparently my information is somewhat incorrect, and outdated... My apologies.

I might not even have it completely right. The way it all happened and who owns/owned what was never clear to anyone really.