Renewal

cw15321

Forum Crew Member
I have a year to go, but was thinking is it better to take the refresher class or do the con ed thing for the 48 hours?

I would love to do the con ed but the opportunity to attended any conference is limited by my real job. :sad: But if the thought that it is a better way then I could use some vacation.

However, most refresher classes are over a long period of time and far away from my house that will involve a lot of driving.

mdtaylor

Forum Crew Member
I have a year to go, but was thinking is it better to take the refresher class or do the con ed thing for the 48 hours?

I would love to do the con ed but the opportunity to attended any conference is limited by my real job. :sad: But if the thought that it is a better way then I could use some vacation.

However, most refresher classes are over a long period of time and far away from my house that will involve a lot of driving.

There is a lot of online continuing education available. If you can post here you can do online CE. You will keep up with changes easier that way as well.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
In North Carolina your best bet will be a refresher course. Unfortunately you're really limited on time now, so you better get on it.

I've been in North Carolina for over a year now, but I still haven't attempted to transfer my cert from Michigan. It will be easier for me to fly back to Michigan, attend a one-day EMT-B refresher, and then fly back to NC. My cert expires in a year, so I'll attempt to transfer it once I get my new one in Michigan. That'll give me three years to keep up with North Carolina's fairly intensive renewal requirements.

In Michigan I used to do all of my CEUs online, but now they require practical credits. As far as I can tell North Carolina doesn't accept online CEUs.